[Vip-environmental] VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY!

Sabrina Kuo skuo2 at uiuc.edu
Sun Apr 23 14:48:04 CDT 2006

Hello!

I want to thank everyone who came out yesterday for the
Earth Day Boneyard Creek clean up.  It was a beautiful day!
and I think we all had a great time.  Your time and efforts
were greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

I was given this volunteer opportunity and I thought I'd
pass this along to all the volunteers because it might be
something your interested in.

"Revitalization of Meadowbrook Prairie"
sponsored by the Urbana Park District

WHERE: Meadowbrook Park: South Race St. and East Windsor Rd.
(parking located at the South Race St. lot)

WHEN: Monday April 24 2006, 5-7 pm

WHO: This program is targeting young adults ages 18-25

WHAT: This will be a labor intensive workday.  We all will
gain knowledge of native plants and trees for this natural
area and we will help in the removal of the non-native
plants.

WHY: Our goal is to help with the restoration of this
natural area for future generations to enjoy the beauty of
nature.

REGISTER: Contact Leonel Vazquez via e-mail
(lvazquez at uiuc.edu) or by phone at (217) 721-3723 with your
name, phone number, and e-mail address (if possible)

*Registration is limited to a maximum of 30 participants
*Refreshments will be provided by the Urbana Park District

**This program will be held on Wednesday April 26th if the
weather is not favorable

Contact Leonel Vazquez if this sounds like something your
interested in!
-Sabrina
Sabrina Kuo
University of Illinois-Urbana,Champaign