[Vip-environmental] UPCOMING EVENTS!!!

Sabrina Kuo skuo2 at uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 9 11:11:53 CDT 2006

Hi guys!

Get excited we have a TON of upcoming events.  This is just 2 of the events we have scheduled so far, but be expecting an e-mail from me really soon about more October events.

1. MAKE A DIFFERENCE VOLUNTEER WORKDAY AT ALLERTON PARK
When: Saturday, October 14 from 9:15-Noon

Where: Allerton Park, meet at the Union circle drive at 9:15 to head out to the park, be back around noon.

What: This is one of the biggest single workdays held at Allerton.  The different work projects haven't been decided on yet but there are plenty of things to be done, including brush clearing, sculpture cleaning, weeding, trail maintenance, special event prep, and basic park clean-up.
*if your interested please e-mail me back so I can get a general head count of the number of volunteers attending.

2. RECYCLING
Hey everyone,

My name is Emily Billings, and I’m the VIP Recycling coordinator. I hope everyone’s midterms are going good! This is an email regarding VIP Recycling and anyone who’s interested.  Basically, I need to know if anyone is interested in helping out.  I need a group of two or three people to go in a car to pick up recycling from the Za’s bins in the alley kind of next to Clyborne’s every three days or so. The recyclables need to be dropped off at the recycling center.  This is a really easy and fast way to get involved and get some volunteer time in! If you're interested just email me with your contact information (telephone number and email) and when you’re available so I can get a schedule together.

Thanks!

Emily:) ebillin2 at uiuc.edu

Sabrina Kuo
University of Illinois-Urbana,Champaign