[Vip-everyone] Sunshine Jubilee and Volunteer Opportunities!

Volunteer Illini Projects volunteerilliniprojects at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 08:47:54 CDT 2010

Hi Volunteers!

As National Volunteer Week comes to an end, we are getting ready for our
annual volunteer appreciation event, Sunshine Jubilee!  The event is
tomorrow, *Saturday, April 24* from *1pm-4pm in Illini Grove* (on
Pennsylvania and Lincoln Ave by the tennis courts).  We have *FREE FOOD,
GAMES, and an AWARD CEREMONY*.  We would love for you to join us, and feel
free to bring your friends!  You can RSVP at
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=119042381440037&index=1#!/event.php?eid=116381338372120&ref=ts.
 We are having the event rain or shine, and if it is raining, we have a
pavilion that we will stay under.  It is sure to be a lot of fun, and I look
forward to seeing you all there!

We also have a volunteer opportunity that I want to bring to your attention:
Interfaith in Action, another RSO on campus, has teamed up with
the Salvation Army to bring us One Million Meals for Haiti.  They need *
8,000* volunteers this weekend!  They have volunteer shifts on Saturday and
Sunday, and the event is located at the old Hobby Lobby in Champaign, and
there are buses that can get you there.  They are especially in need of
volunteers on *Saturday from 4pm-6pm*.  Take some friends and go volunteer
to send 1 million meals to Haiti!!  You can register to volunteer at
http://www.usc.salvationarmy.org/champaign.
Thanks, and I hope to see you all tomorrow at Sunshine Jubilee!!

Kymberly Ruhmann
Volunteer Illini Projects Chair 2010
volunteerilliniprojects at gmail.com

believed to be clean.