[Vip-healthneeds] Exciting New Volunteer Opportunities

nassin at uiuc.edu nassin at uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 6 16:17:54 CDT 2005

Hey Health Needs VIPers,
We have some exciting new volunteer events coming up. They
should be lots of fun and really rewarding, so come on out.
Once again, if you have any questions about the evets send
me and email!

******************* CU Recreation's Kid-Apaloozo ************
Kid-Apalooza is free festival celebrating children!  It is
held during National Child Abuse Prevention Awareness month
on Saturday April 30, from 1:00 to 4:00 at Douglass Park.
Douglass is on the corner of 5th and Grove in Champaign.
We want to fill the park with free activities for the
neighborhood children to particpate in.  We can use groups
of volunteers to create their own activity.
Grab some friends, plan an activity, let CUSR know what your
activity will be then come the day of the festival to put
your plan into action!
If you don't want to plan an event just sign up to
volunteer!  We need volunteers to implement all the
activities CUSR will create.
Feel free to contact Kathy at
kathy.stiebner at cparkdistrict.com or 398-2374 to sign up or
for any questions.

********** National Campaign: Spring Hunger Clean Up ********
The Times Center (time tba)
Eastern Illinois Foodbank (5-7 pm)
Center for Women in Transition (1-3 pm)
We will also be conducting a Canned Food Drive throughout the
community. Finally, there will be poster making and other
art stuff that't we're going to do.
Contact Whitney at trumble at uiuc.edu with any inquiries on
these events.