[Vip-healthneeds] New Volunteers For Health Needs!!!!

nassin at uiuc.edu nassin at uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 10 20:50:47 CST 2005

Hello VIP:
We have a few new volunteer opportunities for you. Please
feel free to contact me at nassin at uiuc.edu with any
questions or contact the agencies directly for more
information or to sign up for these events.

1. Faith In Action
2. CU Special Recreation

********* Faith In Action ***********************************
Faith in Action gives you the opportunity to do household
chores and every days errands for the elderly in the
community who may not be able to do these activites for
themselves. Some upcoming chore days will be held April 10th
and May 1st. The groups of volunteers will meet at Newman
Hall and we will work out transportation for everyone. This
is a great opportunity to work first hand with members of
the community!!!!!!

******** CU Special Recreation ******************************
Last Boarding Call for CU Express Festival!
Virginia Theatre
Friday, March 18 and Saturday, March 19
Friday has live Theatre Performances of Little Theatre of
the Deaf at 9:30 am and 1:00 pm.  Closed captioned viewing
of Big Fish at 7:30 pm.   Saturday includes a 1:00 pm
performance from Little Theatre of the Deaf and a street
carnival from 11:00 - 4:00.
Please contact Kathy Stiebner at
kathy.stiebner at cparkdistrict.com or at 398-2374. We need
ushers for each of the theatre performances. Simply help
usher patrons to their seats then enjoy the program
yourself!  Ever wanted to join the circus?   Prentend you
did for a day and come help at our carnival on Saturday.
Many different activities and tents to choose from!
Please indicate which of the events and which times you
would like.