[Vip-healthneeds] (no subject)

nassin at uiuc.edu nassin at uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 5 17:38:27 CDT 2005

Hey guys,
The AIDS walk went really well. Those volunteers who came
out did a great job and those who helped with PR also did
outstanding. The turnout at the walk was great! Let's keep
up that enthusiasm for the rest of this semester's big
events.

New EVENTS
1. St. Jude's letter writing party
2. Mural at the Nursing Home
3. Champaign Harvest Fest for CU Recreation

********St. Jude's Letter Writing Party ********************
This event will consist of a bunch of VIPers getting
together to write some letters for pediatric cancer
research. We will have pizza and a party atmosphere...so if
you want to come hang out and help out the cancer patients.
Let me know. I will send you a date and time when I know a
convient time for everyone.

*******Mural Painting***************************************
We are going to be painting a mural for residents of a local
nursing home. We just need a few more volunteers to help
out. Don't feel shy if you arn't artistic, there are plenty
of jobs for everyone!!! We will be having an informational
meeting about this event next Wednesday at 5:30 in the
basement of the Union (eatery near the wall by the bowling
alley) If you can't make the meeting but would like to
participate email me.

********Champaign Harvest Fest ****************************
Although, the weather doesn't feel like it fall is here and
CU Special Recreations needs volunteers to help out at their
annual Harvest Fest. The date is the 15th of October. Email
me for more info.