[Vip-healthneeds] Orientation and New Events

nassin at uiuc.edu nassin at uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 20 10:34:16 CDT 2005

Hello Health Needs Volunteers:
There will be an informal meeting tomorrow evening in the
Union's basement at 5:30. All volunteers are encourgaged to
attend and recieve an updated Health Needs booklet outlining
all of the weekly volunteering opportunities. I will be
answering questions about all of the agencies as well. Plus
I think this will be a perfect opportunity for lots of
volunteers to meet each other.

We can also talk about upcoming big events:

*****Greater Community AIDS Project AIDS walk ***************
Volunteers will be needed at the event to set up, tear down,
and hand out water along the path. The walk will be held
October 2nd on the Urbana side of campus. We also need
volunteers to help publicize for the event and ofcourse are
encouraging every one to whose not working the event to walk
in it. Please let me know if you are available for any of
these things via email or at tomorrow's meeting.

******St. Jude's Letter writing Party ***********************
St. Jude's is looking for volunteers to handwrite letters
for them. So the Health Needs Project is going to hold a
letter writing party to help support pediatric disease. The
date and time is TBA because we want to make it convienant
for all who want to participate. It will mostly likely be
within the first two weeks of October. Please let me know if
you are interested.

*****Mural Painting at a local nursing home *****************
We are looking for creative volunteers to paint a mural at a
local nursing home in the Alzhiemer's unit for the enjoyment
of the residents. We are currently looking for volunteers to
take leadership positions on this event and a creative
director. So if you have any artistic ability or none at
all, but just want to help - this event promises to be a lot
of fun. Let me know!!!

Any inquiries contact me at nassin at uiuc.edu.
Michele