[Vip-healthneeds] VIP Health Needs

tkim10 at uiuc.edu tkim10 at uiuc.edu
Tue Jan 17 01:23:38 CST 2006

Hey guys!
  My name is Theresa and I am your new Director for Health
Needs.  I am so excited to not only put some names to the
volunteers, but to share some of the visions and ideas I have
for Health Needs.  I encourage all of you to come out to
Recruitment Nights, which is this Wednesday and Thursday at 7
p.m. at the Illini Union Ballroom.  Come out and just get some
free candy from me!  More importantly, if you want to get more
involved with VIP or want to know more about some of the new
agencies, mark those dates on your calendar.  Below is a list
of important events and deadlines:

1. Shamrocsk Against Dystrophy (hosted by the Muscular
Dystrophy Association aka MDA) on Jan. 21 and 28: It'll soon
be the season for wearing green and celebrating St. Patrick's
Day. And the 19th annual Muscular Dystrophy Association
Shamrocks Against Dystrophy campaign commemorates the day in
style.  Starting in mid-February and culminating on St.
Patrick's Day, Shamrocks Against Dystrophy gives individuals
and businesses across the country a chance to help defeat more
than 40 neuromuscular diseases covered by MDA by donating $1
for a shamrock kit.  The MDA needs our help with assembling
these fabulous shamrock kits.  Even though it's short notice
come on out and help be apart of the fight against
neuromuscular diseases!

2. Carle and Provena Hospital:  Both hospitals require that if
you want to volunteer, you must fill out an immunization and
application form.  I will have some forms at Recruitment
Nights and in the VIP Office during my office hours.  For
Carle, I know that these forms must be handed in before the
first mandatory meeting, which is the third week of January.
I have not yet received information back from Provena about
their deadline, but I'm pretty sure it's around the same time.
 So get those applications and send them in soon!

3. Carle Hospice: Just a heads up, Carle Hospice does not
start training until March.  More info will be sent out about
exact dates and other important bits of information around mid
February.  However, right now Carle Hospice is looking for one
or two volunteers to help out with mailing.  This job requires
two hours every other week.

4. Coordinator positions: I have openings for leadership
opportunities. If you are interested look over the coordinator
 application I have enclosed, fill it out, and sign up for an
interview time.

If anyone is interested about Shamrocks Against Dystrophy, or
you want to receive more information about anything else,
e-mail me or visit me at office hours on Wed. 11-12 or Fri.
9-10.
Theresa
Volunteer Illini Projects
Health Needs Director