[Vip-healthneeds] ORIENTATION NIGHTS THIS WEEK! :)

tkim10 at uiuc.edu tkim10 at uiuc.edu
Sun Jan 29 23:53:33 CST 2006

Hey everyone!
  First off, I want to invite everyone out to Orientation
Nights this Wednesday Feb. 1 at 5 p.m. in 388 Lincoln or
Thursday Feb. 2 at 5 p.m. in 314 Lincoln!  Some
representatives from various agencies are coming to speak
about the volunteer opportunities they have to offer.  So if
you haven't committed yourself yet to any volunteering this
semester, this is a great way to get psyched about all the
amazing ways you can help out in your community!
Here are some important highlights for this week:
1. American Cancer Society's Daffodil Days
On Feb. 22, 2006 American Cancer Society needs our help on
Feb. 22, 2006--the "Day of Hope."  ACS's goal is 1200 Gifts of
Hope (daffodils) to be delivered to cancer patient's at Carle,
Provena, and Christie Clinic.  The event begins at 630 a.m.
and ends at 6:30 at night.  It would be awesome if everyone
could do atleast an one hour shift between classes.
Volunteering will take place at Colonial Pantry, which is SO
CLOSE TO CAMPUS!  So let me know if anyone is interested.
https://ms3.express.cites.uiuc.edu/cgi-bin/fetch.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.acsevents.org%2Fsiteapps%2Fpersonalpage%2FShowPage.aspx%3Fc%3DjwL1KjN4LzH%26b%3D1201561%26sid%3DbtIOL5OJLeJYI7MNLvH%26elid%3D452723787
Check out the link for more info about Daffodil Days!

2.Shamrock's Against Dystrophy
Muscular Dystrophy Association still needs volunteers for this
Sat. at 11 a.m. to about 1:30 or 2p.m.  We will be assembling
shamrock kits, which will be sold to businesses all over the
USA.  All proceeds go to help finding treatment and cures for
over 40 muscular dystrophy disorders.  E-mail me your name,
address, and a phone number where I can reach you if you want
to get involved.

Have a great week!
Theresa
Volunteer Illini Projects