[Vip-healthneeds] camp counselor opportunity!

tkim10 at uiuc.edu tkim10 at uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 8 00:50:13 CST 2006

Hey guys!
  I hope midterms and exams are going okay.  Don't worry.
Spring break is right around the corner!  I just wanted to let
everyone know about a great camp counselor opportunity.
Camp Kesem is a national program aimed to provide a free
one week, summer camp experience for children in the community
coping with their parents’ cancer. The camp is for children
ages 6-13 in the Urbana-Champaign area. At our camp, children
are empowered with the tools to express their emotions through
camp activities such as arts and crafts, drama and cabin chat.
The friendships gained help provide future support for these
children. Our camp is August 14-21, 2006 at Camp Hanging Rock
in Lebanon, Indiana.
     This is the first year that students from the University
of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign are providing Camp Kesem’s
magical experience to this community.  Camp Kesem U-I is
currently recruiting University of Illinois students to
volunteer as counselors.
     If you'd like to apply or get more information, you can
visit the website at www.uiuc.edu/ro/campkesem.  Click on
"Staff" at the top of the webpage for the application.
Applications are due March 12th.  Please e-mail
campkesemui at gmail.com with any questions.
     Alright goodluck everyone! have an awesome week!!!
Theresa

Volunteer Illini Projects
Health Needs Director