[Vip-healthneeds] **events for this week**

tkim10 at uiuc.edu tkim10 at uiuc.edu
Mon Sep 4 22:45:53 CDT 2006

Hey guys!

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend.  We have a lot of  events this week and great opportunities to get involved:

1. Swann Special Care Center 1-4 p.m. Saturday
Volunteers will have an "activity day" with individuals who are only non-verbal communicators.  So far, it looks like we will be going to a movie and hanging out.  Rides will be provided.  If you are interested please contact jferre4 at uiuc.edu before Wednesday 9 p.m. So far on the list I have:

John Wisniewski
Brenda Benter
Thomas Mui
Johnathan Li
Andrea Doshi
Erica Susberry
Ashley Varacalayll
Steven Huang
Anita Aggarwal
Sara Siddiqui
Qing Wang
Even if you are already signed up, please shoot Jen and e-mail (jferre4 at uiuc.edu) before Wed. 9 p.m. to let her know that you are either still going, or not still going.

2. For those of you interested in helping out w/ the cooking classes at CUSR or simply volunteering w/ them, you must attend a mandatory orientation meeting tomorrow at 7 p.m. 108 Lincoln Hall (Tues. Sept. 5).  For the cooking classes I have:
Jonathan Li
Stanley Wong
Kerri McCall
Jen Ferrer
Ashley Garner
Liz Oesterreich
Kevin Hong
Yasmine Kieso

3. **this is a new event that was not discussed at the previous orientation meeting** Wed. Sept. 6 at 8 p.m. room 209 Union orientation meeting for Don Moyer Boy's and Girl's Club

At the orientation meeting, we will be discussing a possible day to volunteer every week in teaching kids about health and promoting healthy practices.  If you are interested please e-mail me back (tkim10 at uiuc.edu) w/ the subject title "don moyer interest"

Let's kick off the new semester by really getting involved in our community.

A reminder: coordinator applications due tomorrow 3 p.m. at the VIP office.

Have a great week everyone!

Theresa