[Vip-healthneeds] VIP-Health Needs Volunteer Opportunities

Tripta Gupta tgupta2 at uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 5 13:10:38 CST 2007

Hi all,

As VIP-HN is currently getting off the ground for the semester.  In the
meantime, the following is some information on volunteer opportunities in
case you are interested in pursuing the volunteer event on your own.  If
you'd rather work through VIP-HN to work the event, get transported etc....
please hold tight and wait as we get future information across to you.

Thanks and if you have any questions... please email.

Tripta

*Spring Crisis Line Volunteer Training at the Mental Health Center
*
The Crisis line has volunteers from various professions and life situations.
Volunteers help with various situations, including assistance with
information, depression, social support, and suicide prevention. Volunteers
develop and further hone interviewing skills and the ability to be calm in
tense situations.  Volunteers are asked to help generate ideas and options
for callers but are not asked to solve the caller's problems.  The Spring
training dates are February 20, 22, 27 and March 1.  The sessions will each
run from 5:30 to 9:00 p.m., and you must be able to attend all four sessions
in their entirety.  Please contact Barb Bressner at bbressner at mhcenter.org
<mailto:bbressner at mhcenter.org>  for more information!

*Volunteers needed for Artists Against AIDS Prep*

The revenue from AAA provides GCAP with almost 1/3 of our operating budget!
 GCAP is seeking groups of volunteers (15-20 people) to help us out with
moving materials at the Orpheum Children's Science Museum in downtown
Champaign.  They have work days scheduled for Saturday, Februay 10 and
Sunday, February 11 from 12 noon to 4 pm.  Volunteers will be provided with
snacks and beverages as well as our undying gratitude.  For more information
contact, Teri Mccarthy at terimccarthy at hotmail.com
<mailto:terimccarthy at hotmail.com>
 .