[Vip-hh] VIP HH - New Events and Updates

Arpit Agrawal agrawal2 at uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 1 14:53:54 CST 2006

Hey all,

    There are a couple of things I wanted you all to know about that are
going on right that we could REALLY help out in.

   1) BOXES AND WALLS
   2) National Nutrition Month FOOD DRIVE

1) BOXES AND WALLS

    I mentioned this before in the last e-mail and want to emphasize the
uniqueness of this event. When was the last time you could take a break from
your school/homework, loosen up and go ALL OUT acting (don't be shy,
everyone is a first timmer), and learn a lot about what is going on around
you. Come out and support Boxes and Walls, we're asking for only two
hoursof your time for a unforgettable experience. Volunteers are very
much
needed!!

When: March 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th
          Time slots - 4:45 - 7:00 OR 6:45 - 9:00 OR 8:45 - 10:30
Where: McKinley Foundation, in the basement

E-mail me to sign up for 1 time slot.. OR if you're even more amazing 2 or
more time slots... THANKS!

2) National Nutrition Month FOOD DRIVE

McKinley Health Center dietitians and Dietetics students in
the Food Science and Human Nutrition program are teaming up
to collect food for the Eastern Illinois Foodbank.  The
Eastern Illinois Foobank is a not for profit clearing-house
that distributes food to a network of agencies and
facilities that serve the needs of hungry people in the
Eastern Illinois area.  They need ANY food items that
students and staff can donate and are in particular need of
canned foods such as fruits, vegetables, soups, beans, and
tuna, boxed food items such as macaroni and cheese, pastas,
and cereals and peanut butter.

There will be four main collection sites on campus during
the food drive March 6-March 15:

▪  Campus Recreation Center East (CRCE) Lobby

▪   SportWell Center at the Oasis, lower level in the Illini
Union

▪   McKinley Health Center—3rd floor Health Education
Department

▪   Bevier Hall- Second floor right outside of the commons

Contact Lisa Burgoon at Lburgoon at mhc.uiuc.edu or Brie Gulley
at bgulley at uiuc.edu for more information of if your
organization wants to join us as a collection site!
Thank you.

HELP OUT THIS WONDERFUL CAUSE BY ROUNDING UP YOUR YUMMY FOOD, OR YOUR
ROOMMATE'S YUMMY FOOD AND DONATE IT AT THE ABOVE LOCATIONS

     So either volunteer for Boxes and Walls (its fun, quick, and
worthwhile) OR donate to the food drive! Thanks for your time!

  That's all folks

--
Arpit Agrawal
Class of 2007, UIUC