[Vip-hh] VIP-Hunger and Homelessness Fair Trade Event

Shruti Gupta sgupta20 at uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 13 13:26:12 CST 2006

Hi you guys,
I am in need of volunteers to sit outside of the union (by a table), raising
awareness about Fair Trade issues.
If you can sign up for at least one hour on Wednesday November 15th, that
would be awesome. We will be beginning at 11:00am and ending by 3:00pm.
There is not a lot to do, but does require some interaction with the
students on the quad to get them aware about Fair Trade (as well as yourself
if you are not sure what it is)! The event will be similar to a taste off,
where there will be Fair Trade Chocolate and Regular (non-Fair Trade
Chocolate), and the students will try one of each, demonstrating that there
is no difference in taste (and consumer price), but the big difference being
that consumers buying Fair Trade product help farmers and workers to obtain
a more decent living.

I will email you more information tonight on what exactly Fair Trade is and
detailed instructions for what to do on Wednesday. I promise it will not be
confusing even if you do not know what Fair Trade is (b/c you soon will!

Please email me back as to what time slot(s) you can volunteer. I definitely
appreciate all your help :)

EVENT: FAIR TRADE TASTE OFF
WHEN: WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 14TH FROM 11:00AM-3:00PM

PLEASE SIGN UP FOR AT LEAST ONE HOUR SHIFT!
EMAIL ME W/TIME SLOT AND/OR ANY QUESTIONS.

--
Shruti Gupta
College of LAS
sgupta20 at uiuc.edu