[Vip-hh] Service and Justice Outreach Hunger Banquet

asasset2 at uiuc.edu asasset2 at uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 13 15:05:34 CDT 2007

Please join Service and Justice Outreach at our Hunger Banquet: Thursday, March 29, 7:00 PM at the University YMCA, 1001 S. Wright St., Champaign.

The Oxfam America Hunger Banquet is a fun and innovative simulation in which eating is educational.  Hunger banquet guests are randomly assigned identities and economic statuses.  During the simulation, opportunity and misfortune intervene to reveal how power and chance influence how people all over the world access food.  There is no cost to participate in the hunger banquet.  The food provided to guests is free thanks to the kind generosity of our sponsors, Timpone's and Qdoba.  Although the event is free, we will accept optional donations to benefit Oxfam America.  Please join Service and Justice Outreach, guest speaker Professor Courtney Flint of the UIUC department of Natural Resources and Environmental Science, and Oxfam America in raising hunger awareness on campus.  Together, we can change the world.  For more information, please e-mail serviceandjustice at yahoo.com.

Service and Justice Outreach is a registered student organization at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and a student ministry of St. John's Catholic Newman Center.  Faith is what motivates us to work for justice.
Thank you.

Jenny Anderson
President, Service and Justice Outreach
Alyssa Sassetti
Sophomore in Early Childhood Education and Italian