VIP: Senior Citizens VIP-SC Weekly Reminder #2

Soojae Lee slee72 at uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 8 19:20:31 CDT 2008

Hi everyone, this is Soojae.  As usual, I am here to tell you what's happening with VIP-SC during the second part of this week.

Thursday
BINGO, Urbana Care Center (6:30-7:45)
Contact: Alice(apihule2 at uiuc.edu), Christine(cpeter5 at uiuc.edu)
You will meet Alice & Christine at Illini Union Circle Drive at 6:20 p.m..
BINGO, Carle Arbours
Contact: Lauren (slee72 at uiuc.edu)
Thursday night Bingo at Carle Arbours will be this Thursday from 7pm-8pm! Meet us at the Union Circle Drive at 6:35pm (look for our big van) if you'd like to join us!
-Lauren Greener"

Friday
Fun with 1-on-1, Circle of Friends
Contact: Winnie(wlee52 at uiuc.edu)
Hi everyone! My name is Winnie Lee and I am the coordinator for Friday - Circle of Friends.  We are going to meet at 1:00 PM at the Union this Friday. Please join us in this fun volunteer event.  We will be back on campus at around 3:30pm. Hope to see you on Friday.

Sunday
Chore Day, Faith in Action 1:30 - 3:00
Contact: Megana (mballal2 at uiuc.edu)
Hi everyone,
My name is Megana, and I wanted to let everyone know about our upcoming Faith in Action's Chore Day. It will be held in the afternoon on Sunday, April 13th. This is a great opportunity for us to volunteer our time to help out senior citizens. Basically, we go to the homes of a few individuals and assist them with some of their household chores. The senior citizens are truly appreciative of any help that we offer, so please join us for this event. If you have any questions, please contact me at mballal2 at uiuc.edu. Thank you! **You will be meeting Megana at the Union Circle Drive around 1:00 p.m. For more information, please contact Megana.

*** Next week is National Volunteer Week.  So, VIP will join tons of other service organizations for Boneyard Creek CleanUp.  If you are interested, you have to register in advance at boneyardcreek.org.  It will be take place next Saturday (April 19th) between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.  There will be free T-shirt and lunch.

*** Would you like to have a prom night at UIUC?  If you do, please contact Megana (mballal2 at uiuc.edu) for our Senior Prom.  We need tons of volunteers to help us to organize the event and to have fun with seniors.  If you loved your prom night at high school, don't miss this opportunity to have another fabulous night!!!

Well... This is everything VIP-SC has for this week.  Have a nice day tomorrow!!! (By the way, don't forget about Nate's Wed. BINGO tomorrow!!!)
-Soojae *^v^*