VIP: Senior Citizens VIP-SC Weekly Reminder #1

Soojae Lee slee72 at uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 15 18:34:22 CDT 2008

Hello everyone, this is Soojae.
I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weather.
By the way, this week is National Volunteer Week. So, if you have a free time, please consider volunteering.

Well... Here's what VIP-SC has to offer during this week.

Today
Tues. BINGO, Manor Care
Contact: Rachael, rgortow2 at uiuc.edu
Hi Guys, it's Rachael, your coordinator for Tuesday night bingo! We will be going to play bingo this Tuesday. If you want to come with, just show up at the Union Circle Drive
off of Green Street at 6:20 and look for me in a marron mini-van. We will go play bingo at the nursing home and be back by 7:40 at the latest. I hope to see some of you there!

Wed. BINGO, Champaign County Nursing Home
Contact: Nate, nbubb2 at uiuc.edu
"Hey Everybody,
My name is Nate Bubb, I am a sophomore and I am the new coordinator for Wednesday night bingo at Champaign County.  Just to remind all of you we play from 6:45pm till 7:45pm.  So if you would like to come out and join me, send me an email at nbubb2 at uiuc.edu.  On Wednesday (April 9th) meet me at the Union at 6:30pm. I will be in the van.  Thanks for your time and I hope to get to meet some of you on Wednesday!

Thursday
BINGO, Urbana Care Center (6:30-7:45)
Contact: Alice(apihule2 at uiuc.edu), Christine(cpeter5 at uiuc.edu)
You will meet Alice & Christine at Illini Union Circle Drive at 6:20 p.m..
BINGO, Carle Arbours
Contact: Lauren (slee72 at uiuc.edu)
Thursday night Bingo at Carle Arbours will be this Thursday from 7pm-8pm! Meet us at the Union Circle Drive at 6:35pm (look for our big van) if you'd like to join us!
-Lauren Greener"

Friday
Fun with 1-on-1, Circle of Friends
Contact: Winnie(wlee52 at uiuc.edu)
Hi everyone! My name is Winnie Lee and I am the coordinator for Friday - Circle of Friends.  We are going to meet at 1:00 PM at the Union this Friday. Please join us in this fun volunteer event.  We will be back on campus at around 3:30pm. Hope to see you on Friday.

Chore Day, Faith in Action
Contact: Megana (mballal2 at uiuc.edu)
Meet at Illini Union Circle Drive at 8:00 a.m. (yep, it is in the morning...) You will be back at least by 11:00.

Saturday
Senior Prom, Florida House
Contact: Megana (mballal2 at uiuc.edu)
Would you like to have another Prom? Would you like to make a difference in seniors' days?  If you say yes, please join us for Senior Prom.  Volunteers are needed between 11:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. to get ready for the event and clean up afterwards.  We are planning to have two shifts (11:30 - 1:30 and 2:00 and 5:00), so if you are interested, please contact Megana.

Sunday
Manicure, Champaign County Nursing Home
Contact: Nicole (npapage2 at uiuc.edu)
Hello Wonderful VIP Volunteers!

Just wanted to let you all know that we will be going to Champaign County nursing home to give the residents manicures this coming Sunday, April 20th from 2:00-3:00 pm.  We will meet in the union circle drive at 1:30 pm, and I will drive everyone to the nursing home.  We should be back on campus by 3:30 pm.  The residents always look forward to us coming, and it's always fun to spend time with them!  So take a study break and come on out to volunteer!  Hope to see you on Sunday!  :)

Well... This is it.  I am very sorry for this long~~~ e-mail.
Thank you for volunteering with VIP-SC.  Have a nice week.

-Soojae