VIP: Senior Citizens Weekly Events!!

Rachael Gortowski rgortow2 at illinois.edu
Fri Apr 10 11:10:23 CDT 2009

Hi guys! Here are the events for Senior Citizens for the week. Remember to email the coordinator for the day you want to go telling them that you will be there, show up at the Union Circle Drive (it is connected to Green Street) at the
time listed below, and look for a large red cargo van or a silver mini van that has a sign saying 'VIP Senior Citizens' in the window. If you have any questions, please email me (rgortow2 at illinois.edu) or the coordinator for the day you
want to volunteer on.  (If you want to be removed from this email list, please send me an email telling me what email address you want taken off the list.)

*Additionally, Senior Citizens will be having a gift card give away for the month of April. Every time you volunteer with our project, you will get your name put into a drawing for a 20$ gift card to the store of your choice! We will be giving away two gift cards at the end of the month, so get out there and start volunteering! The more you volunteer, the more likely it is that you will win!*

Saturday (April 11) -Be at the Circle Drive by 2:45
Musical Concert - 3:00-4:00 - Coordinator Kandice (hardney2 at illinois.edu)

Monday (April 13) - Be at the Circle Drive by 6:20 PM
Fun and Games - 6:45-7:45- Coordinator Danielle (mullend1 at illinois.edu)

Tuesday (April 14) - Be at the Circle Drive by 6:35 PM
Bingo – 7:00-8:00 – Coordinator Lauren (greener2 at illinois.edu)

Wednesday (April 15) – Be at the Circle Drive by 6:15 PM
Bingo – 6:45-7:45 – Coordinator Nate (nbubb2 at illinois.edu)

Thursday (April 16) – Be at the Circle Drive by 6:10 PM
Bingo – 6:30-7:30 – Coordinator Toni and Archana (tespina2 at illinois.edu and kanteti2 at illinois.edu)

Saturday (April 18) - Be at the Circle Drive by 1:45 PM
Wii Bowling - 2:00-3:00 - Coordinator Richard and Sophia (rwkim2 at gmail.com and scryns2 at illinois.edu)

Sunday (April 19) -Be at the Circle Drive by 1:35 PM
Manicures - 2:00-3:00 - Coordinator Nicole (napapage2 at illinois.edu)

*One more thing! The VIP Blood project is having a Blood Rivalry Drive against Ohio State on Thursday, April 23rd from 10am-4pm in 314 Union. I encourage everyone who is eligible to give blood to sign up for it! Here's how to make an appointment:

1) Visit givebloodgivelife.org.  Enter zipcode 61801.
2) Click the red box on the top right side of the page that says "Donate Blood Now."
3) Click "Search by Sponsor Code" on the bottom left side of the page.
4) Type in the sponsor code "184"
5) Choose the April 23rd Blood Drive.
6) Login with name and date of birth (bottom option).
7) Pick a time slot!  All done!