VIP: Senior Citizens Hello Volunteers! Orientation Night!

Diana Rechenmacher rechenm1 at illinois.edu
Mon Aug 30 00:49:48 CDT 2010

Hey Volunteers!

I hope you all had a nice, relaxing weekend! Thank you for taking the time
out to come to one of the Recruitment Nights and listening to all of the
different opportunities that each project has to offer. I am so excited to
see the number of volunteers that are willing to give their time to the
senior citizens. I just wanted to inform you of a couple upcoming events
this week.

Again, we will be having volunteer opportunities for Fun and Games Night on
Mondays from 6:30pm-7:30pm at Champaign County Nursing Home and Thursdays
from 6:30pm-7:30pm at Prairie Winds Assisted Living. We will not be starting
the actual volunteer work for another week or two. I will certainly keep you
all updated.Please make it to one of my orientation nights this week to
further learn the responsibilities of being a volunteer with senior
citizens.  Come either

*Tuesday, August 31 at 5:00 pm in the Illini Union Room 215 (on the north
side of the Union)*
*OR*
*Wednesday, September 1 at 5:00 pm in the Illini Union Room 215 (on the
north side of the Union)*

The meeting should last no longer than 10 minutes. It's just a nice way for
me to meet you in person and for you to ask any questions about
transportation, volunteering with the senior citizens, and other time
availabilities for weekly events if you cannot make Mondays or Thursday!

Have a great week and I hope to see many of you there!
Diana

--
Diana Rechenmacher
University of Illinois | Urbana-Champaign