VIP: Senior Citizens Emailing Info! *IMPORTANT*

Diana Rechenmacher rechenm1 at illinois.edu
Thu Dec 16 09:23:20 CST 2010

Hey Peter!

Here's some important info regarding emailing as a director so save this
email:

When you need to send out emails, you will need to use this address:
vip.senior.citizens at gmail.com
I am currently adding your email to be connected to this one. The password
to log onto this email address is VIP1963sc
You are welcome to link this with your already existing gmail account. I
recommend this, because a lot of times, directors forget to check their
director email address and miss out on a lot of emails!

To send out mass emails, you will need to go to http://lists.chambana.net
>From there, you scroll down to VIp-senior-citizens and click on this link.
You will be taken to a page that allows you to administrate the website. Go
all the way down to where there are 3 links at the bottom and click on the
link that says VIP-Senior Citzens administrator interface. It will again ask
you for a password. Easy enough, the password is the same as the gmail
password: VIP1963sc

I just added your email to the administrator of the website. When you want
to send out an email to all senior citizen volunteers, you send it to:
vip-seniorcitizens at lists.chambana.net
This allows you to send out a mass email to the volunteers via this website.
To add/delete members of this website/web address, go back to the
administrator interface and click on the link that says Membership
Management. This will drop down three other links for you to add, delete, or
search members. This part is pretty self-explanatory and you basically use
it when you add members from recruitment night or delete members who ask you
to be removed from the emailing list.

Sometimes, when you send an email, it doesn't always go through. I always
keep my email on the listserv to make sure that my email went through. If
this occurs, go back to the administrator interface and go to one of the
links on the top right side of the interface that says: Tend to Pending
Moderator Requests. Click on this and it might show an email from an
"unknown" address. If you recognize that this is the email you sent, click
on the circle that says "Accept" and submit. Then, your email that you
originally sent through the listserv should go through!

Again, you send emails through gmail, but when you send it to the
lists.chambana.net email address, it will use the interface to access all
the members it needs to send it to.

I hope this email made sense. Let me know if you have any questions and have
a great Christmas break and a great semester! I'll see you in the Fall!

Peace and love,

Diana

--
Diana Rechenmacher
University of Illinois | Urbana-Champaign