VIP: Senior Citizens Board of Director Applications and Schedule for Next Week!

Peter Cote vip.senior.citizens at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 19:04:19 CDT 2011

Hey Guys,

Are you interested in taking a higher leadership role within VIP?

 You should consider applying for the 2012 Board of Directors! There will be
openings for director in each project, including Senior Citizens. It's a
great way to gain leadership experience and have fun doing it! The
application is attached, and there is plenty of information regarding the
different projects and what it's like being a director. Also, having prior
experience in VIP is not required for becoming a director, so don't let that
hold you back from applying to any of the positions. Please let me know if
you have any questions! Applications are due Tuesday, October 18th!

And until then, we still have the normal volunteering schedule for the week:
Look for us in the silver minivan each night.
*Monday 10/10:* Fun & Games from 6:30-7:30p at the Champaign County Nursing
Home.
Please arrive at the *Union circle drive* by *6:15p*.

*Wednesday 10/12*: Fun & Games from 6:30-7:30p at Champaign-Urbana Regional
Rehab Center.
Please be at the *Union circle drive* by *6:15p.*

*Thursday 10/13*: BINGO from 6:45-7:45p at Prairie Winds Assisted Living.
Please arrive at the *Union circle drive *by *6:30p.*

Also, don't forget about this opportunity to play music for seniors!
*Songs for Seniors*
Calling singers and musicians of all levels of experience!  We will be
having a special event at the beginning of every month at Heartland
Healthcare Center (4th and Springfield) where we will be performing a few
songs for the residents.  We are especially in need of singers and piano and
bass players.  There will be one practice a week beforehand to get ready for
the event.  If interested, email Health Needs Coordinator Peter at
pkmgk303 at gmail.com for more information.

Thanks!

Peter

--