VIP: Senior Citizens Senior Citizens: Schedule for the Week

Peter Cote vip.senior.citizens at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 22:51:46 CDT 2011

Hey Guys,

Don't forget, Board of Director applications are due this Tuesday! Please
let me know if you have any questions about the positions or the
application.

*Monday 10/17:* Fun & Games from 6:30-7:30p at the Champaign County Nursing
Home.
Please arrive at the *Union circle drive* by *6:15p*.

*Wednesday 10/19*: Fun & Games from 6:30-7:30p at Champaign-Urbana Regional
Rehab Center.
Please be at the *Union circle drive* by *6:15p.*

*Thursday 10/20*: BINGO from 6:45-7:45p at Prairie Winds Assisted Living.
Please arrive at the *Union circle drive *by *6:30p.

*We'll be in the silver mini van each night!

Also, one of Social Empowerment''s coordinators, Jeremy, has come up with a
new opportunity for you all called Hospice.  Below is his short explanation
of the volunteer opportunity.  ALSO, a woman from this agency will be coming
to the Union (room TBD) this Tuesday night (18th) at 7pm. We would like all
interested volunteers to come and listen to her and ask any questions you
may have.  This is a great opportunity so hopefully you can make it!

**

What is hospice?

Hospice is a type of care and a philosophy that focuses on relieving the
pain and suffering of a terminally ill patient's symptoms. This care is
taking place at various nursing homes throughout the Champaign area and they
are in need of volunteers. Come and check out a truly rewarding service
project that includes one on one weekly “hangouts” with a patient, writing
cards to loved ones of a patient who has already passed, or even making a
patient’s dream come true through their “Dreams” program.

Thanks!

Peter

--
Peter Cote