[Vip-socialempowerment] Don Moyer Project

Rachel Dubrow rdubrow2 at uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 17 17:22:29 CST 2006

Hello everyone!
I'm writing to inform you of the NEWEST project for Social
Empowerment, Recreation, Tutoring, and Arts Outreach!!
Basically, we will be volunteering to help with already
existing activities at the Don Moyer Boys and Girls Club as
well as creating new activities of our own. If you are
interested AT ALL for volunteering, print out the attached
background check form and fill it out. There will be an
envelope in the VIP office for you to pick up extra copies of
this form and turn yours in! There will also be a sign-up
sheet for an orientation that you must attend before
volunteering. I will send out more details about this!

The activities will take place Mondays through Thursdays from
4-5:45. Transportation to the Club is provided. You can come
as many days as you'd like and don't need to commit to a
certain day and time on a weekly basis. So basically, if you
want to make this a One-time event, that's fine, or if you'd
like to make this a weekly event, that's fine too!!

Within the next few weeks, we will have a calendar sent out to
all volunteers with the activities specifically for the Don
Moyer Boys and Girls Club. This will have the dates, times,
and which activities are taking place. We will try to plan
activities around a central theme for each week or every
couple of weeks.

--------------------------
Recap:
What? Volunteering for the NEWEST project!
Where? Don Moyer Boys and Girls Club
When? Mondays through Thursdays 4-5:45
Prerequisite: Background check form and orientation

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!
This project is going to be AMAZING, so get excited!!!!

Rachel Dubrow
Sociology (Pre-Law)
Volunteer Illini Projects Social Empowerment Director
rdubrow2 at uiuc.edu