[Vip-specialprojects] Upcoming Volunteer Events!!!

emrice at uiuc.edu emrice at uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 11 23:14:18 CDT 2005

Hey everyone,

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to some of you with
volunteering questions.  I've been really sick, and
hopefully I'll be feeling better before our events this
weekend begin.  This is going to be a long email, but it
contains a LOT of important information about upcoming
events and information about the new coordianators!!   So
without further adeu....

I wanted to let you know that I've slated 7 new
coordinators, so you'll be recieving emails from them as
well about upcoming events.  Here are their names and the
agencies they are assigned to:

Sung Kun Lee- Champaign County Nursing Home
Maggie Marincic- Faith in Action
Courtney Weisman- Crisis Nursery
Phoebe Smith- Joint VIP Projects
Adam Terese- Public Relations
Joe Skertich- SWANN Special Care Center
Aakanksha Surti- A Woman's Place

Expect some emails from them soon!

1) First of all, I recieved this volunteer opportunity from
the Health Needs Director....
The project is Artists Against AIDS which annually raises
quite a bit of money for the Greater Community AIDS Project
in Champaign. It is a great organization and really needs a
lot of help with this event.

Here are all the dates and times available to volunteer for
Artists Against AIDS:
-Saturday, April 16 from 4-9 pm for organizing the art being
dropped off
-Sunday, April 17 from 4-9 pm for organizing the art being
dropped off
-Monday, April 18 from 4-9 pm for organizing the art being
dropped off
-Wednesday, April 27 from 5:30-9 pm for the artists pay-out
-Thursday, April 28 from 5-7 pm for loading out the display
units
-Friday, April 29 from 1-4 pm cleaning of the Gallery

**Volunteers are encouraged to wear sturdy, close toed shoes
for cleaning, set up, moving etc.  If any volunteers have
work/gardening gloves, they are urged to bring them.  We
will provide water and snacks. **
If you are interested in volunteering with Artists against
Aids, please email Michele at nassin at uiuc.edu

2)  We'll also be helping our Senior Citizens Project with
their Senior Prom THIS Saturday, the 16th.  All the detials
are listed below, and Phoebe, our coordiantor for Joint VIP
Projects, will probably be emailing you soon with more
details.

We will be going to the Florida Avenue House from 1-5pm and
there will be two shifts 1-3 and 3-5 (or you can stay the
whole time if you'd like). The dance goes from 2-4 and so
the first shift will be the decorators and the second shift
will be the cleanup crew.

We will be having a cakewalk, bingo, and dancing. The theme
is Fun in the Sun so feel free to dress in your summer
apparel. So let me know if you are coming and need a ride or
if you are willing to drive people and what shift(s) you
want.  Email Sydney Seguino at seguino at uiuc.edu if you're
interested in helping!  Coming from someone who's helped
with this event in the years past, it's SO much fun, and the
volunteers always have a blast!!!

3)  This Friday and Saturday, the 15th and 16th
respectively, we'll also be helping the Daycare project with
their Yard Sale Event. They basically need volunteers to
help set up on Friday night from about 7-9pm and then
they need people to clean up Saturday from about 12pm-1pm.
ALso, volunteers would help with the mini-carnival
we will be throwing for the kids.
If you are interested in helping with this event, email
Laura Purdue at lpurdue at uiuc.edu

4)  THIS IS TO ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN HELPING WITH THE
MARCH OF DIMES.  We will be holding a meeting for anyone
intersted in participating or volunteering in teh March of
Dimes next Tuesday, March 19th at 5pm.  I'll send out an
email Sunday or Monday with the location.  You will get a
chance to talk with Scott Burnsmeier, who is in charge of
this event, and you'll also learn more about this wonderful
organization.  I urge you all to consider helping with the
March of Dimes, either as a volunteer, or as a participant.

5)  On Sunday, April 24, we'll be helping the Senior
Citizens Project again with their Senior Citizens Manicure
Night from 6:30-8pm.  The event is pretty self explanatory.
We'll be giving some manicures and talking with the
ladies...it'll be a good time. We'll be leaving the Circle
Drive around 6:15.

Alright, that's it for this week!  I'll be sending another
email regarding more April/May events sometime next week!!!
Until then, stay healthy!!  There's a nasty virus going
around that I've experienced first hand.  BEWARE!!!  :)

See you this weekend,
Liz