[Vip-specialprojects] FUN VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY!!

pjsmith2 at uiuc.edu pjsmith2 at uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 12 11:33:33 CDT 2005

Hey all! Hope everyone is doing well in these final days of
the school year...we're almost done! I know many of you are
looking for last-minute volunteer opportunities (especially
seniors graduating this fall!). Well, here's one that's
coming up on Saturday April 16th. The Florida House, which
is an assisted living facility on Florida Ave, is having
a "senior prom" and they're looking for volunteers who can
help from 1-3 or 2-4. The actual event lasts from 2-4, but
it'd be great if people could help with set-up and clean-up.
The theme is "Fun in the Sun", so feel free to go all out
and dress the part, or just dress nicely (i.e. shirt and tie
for guys, dress or skirt for girls)! From what I've heard,
all the volunteers had an awesome time last year, and I'm
sure this year would be no exception!:) Transportation will
be provided, so it's not a problem if you don't have a
car...and for everyone who went to the Prairie School
carnival, we know where we're going this time...Luke
promised me. If you have any questions feel free to contact
me or Luke (lwayne at uiuc.edu). Hope to see you there!!!!

Phoebe Smith
Volunteer Illini Projects--Special Projects
Joint VIP Projects Coordinator
pjsmith2 at uiuc.edu