[Vip-specialprojects] *Special Projects upcoming events*

emrice at uiuc.edu emrice at uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 20 22:26:58 CDT 2005

Special Projects Orientation Night Info!!

In case you missed the first meeting, here is all teh info
you need.

Director: Liz Rice
emrice at uiuc.edu

Brief summary:
Special Projects provides unique volunteer opportunities by
offering one-time service events that reach out to a wide
range of social issues. Working with community organizations
and other VIP projects, volunteers aid in events concerning
youth development, the environment, senior citizens, and
other areas. Students enjoy the variety of volunteer
opportunities and enjoy the project’s flexibility.

Past Event Highlights:
-	Daddy Daughter Dance, sponsored by the Champaign
Park District every Spring
-	Britle’s Concert to benefit the Carle Children’s
Cancer Program
-	March of Dimes to raise awareness and funds for the
research of premature infants
-	Buddy Ball and Senior Prom with Best Buddies and
Senior Citizens Projects respectively

Upcoming events for Fall 2005:
-	September 22 from 7-9pm- - CAC Kickoff for Relay for
Life (Paint Green Street Purple)
-	September 30, time TBA- - Little Illini Soccer Field
Setup
-	October 1, time TBA- - The Leukemia and Lymphoma
Society’s annual Light the Night Walk at Westside Park
-	October 2, time TBA- - AIDS Walk
-	October 8, 8am-noon approx.- - 8th Annual Salt Fork
River Cleanup
-       Also October 8, approx. 11am-4pm- Don Moyer Boys and
Girls Club Duck Race, which is their 6th Annual Auction to
raise money for the program, serving at-risk or
disadvantaged kids
-	October 15, 11am-4pm- - Harvest Fest at Lincoln
Square Mall
-	October 28, 5-9pm- - Champaign Park District’s
Annual Halloween Fun Fest
-	November 8 or 15th, TBA- - Comedy Night for Teens

Coordinator positions are open, and applications will be
made available at the end of this week at the VIP Office,
Room 268 in the RSO Complex in the Illini Union, and also
will be sent through email!

If you have an interest in helping with any upcoming events
listed in this email or questions about anything at all,
please contact me ASAP.  I will also send you updates on
additional events as we add them.  I cant wait to begin
another semester of volunteering, so get excited!!!  :)

Liz