[Vip-specialprojects] *****SUPER FUN VOLUNTEER EVENT! NEED VOLUNTEERS****

cweisman at uiuc.edu cweisman at uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 1 00:22:13 CST 2006

HEY MUCH NEEDED VOLUNTEERS!!

included....
1-FUNFEST March 3rd I NEEEEEED volunteers
2- Read accross America March 4th
3- Polar Plunge for Special Omypics March 4th

1--I know it's "unofficial," but these kids need you!
the event is on Friday, March 3 at Westview Elementary
school it's an Indoor carnival and silent auction!
transportation and dinner will be provided; meet at the
union circle drive at 4:30pm for a ride to the Funfest!

2--More volunteer's requested for the annual Read Across
America!  Last year almost 700 children participated in this
event. The event will be held at Lincoln Square
in Urbana. The event is on Saturday,March 4, and volunteers
are needed from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.  The volunteer hours will be
broken down into three shifts of two hours.  (9-11, 11-1, 1-
3) Please come out to celebrate and promote the importance
of reading! e-mail me back if you are planning on coming!!

3--March 4th POLAR PLUNGE! This event helps support Special
Omympics. The event is from 9:30-3pm. Transportation will be
provided please e-mail me for more information. (It should
be a blast watching all those crazy people jump into the
cold water!)

For those of you who are interested, please e-mail me back
asap!
Thanks!
Courtney :)

---more info will be coming out about some awesomely fun
upcoming events!!

• Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed
citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing
that ever has.--Margaret Mead
Courtney Weisman
Junior, Community Health
Secretary ALS Council
Choreographer, Recruitment, & Travel coordinator, Illinois Synchronized Ice Skating Team president Delta Sigma Omicron
Special Projects director, Volunteer Illini Projects
Teaching Assistant CHLTH 111