[Vip-specialprojects] Spring Events

Katie Flamand flamand2 at uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 28 09:28:15 CDT 2007

Hey everyone,

I hope you all had an amazing break and are getting the chance to enjoy the
weather! Here are our upcoming events:
**
*Perfect Prom Project Boutique- THIS SUNDAY!
*The Perfect Prom Project needs your help for the 2007 Boutique Day!  Help
high school girls pick out the perfect dress for their prom!  The Boutique
Day will take place in room 314 Illini Union, and we need your help from
8am-4pm!  Shifts are every two hours (8-10, 10-12, 12-2, 2-4) and there are
a variety of jobs to fill (set-up, runners, personal shoppers).  If you
would like to volunteer please email Allison at acastil2 at uiuc.edu for more
information!

Champaign Park District Easter events- please email me if interested in
helping w/ any of these:
**
*Eggstravaganza Preparation – April 4*

Come help us prepare for Eggstravaganza by stuffing candy-filled eggs for
children. Food is provided

*Nite Lite Egg Pursuit *– *April 6 *

Come relive your childhood egg pursuits at this adults only egg hunt.
Volunteers are needed to check people in, hide the eggs, and give out
prizes.

*Eggstravaganza *– *April 7*

Help the children of the Champaign community search for eggs at our annual
Eggstravaganza. We need volunteers to help set up the event and assist with
supervising the kids
*Champaign Early Childhood Center April Fun* *Day-  April 13th*
**
Volunteers are needed to help students aged 3-5 and their families by
running carnival games-including a moonwalk! It's a ton of fun- especially
to work with the little kids! Volunteers are needed from either 8:45-11:10
or 12:45-3:10, however these times can be broken down into smaller shifts...
any time you can commit would be great! Please contact flamand2 at uiuc.edu to
coordinate shifts and transportation.

*Boneyard Creek Community Day –* *April 21*

Come help us tidy up the local Champaign community by volunteering on Earth
Day to clean up Scott Park. Great event for organizations or individuals!
Food and t-shirts are provided. *(*In collaboration with Environmental **
project*)*

Let me know if you're interested in any of these. Have a great week and I
hope to volunteer with you soon!

Peace,
Katie

--
Katie Flamand
Great Lakes Outreach Coordinator

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"- Mahatma Gandhi