[Vip-specialprojects] Harvest Fest SATURDAY!

Katie Flamand flamand2 at uiuc.edu
Thu Oct 11 21:23:18 CDT 2007

Hey volunteers-

Harvest Fest is THIS SATURDAY! Please email me if you are interested in
coming, it will be a lot of fun. Other volunteer events are included in this
email, and as always if you would like to help out, just email me back with
the event in the subject line.

October 13 from 11 am - 4pm- Harvest Fest at Centennial Park in Champaign.
We need volunteers to help run games, supervise hay rack rides, supervise
arts and crafts, clean up, set up.

Environmental Event-

HELLO ALL! I'm Maggie Liu, and I am the director of VIP Environmental. We
are working on a program to take volunteers to Yankee Ridge School in Urbana
to teach the importance of recycling to elementary school children. We will
be going TUESDAY OCT. 16 and THURSDAY OCT. 18 from 8 AM to 9 AM. Each class
has about 20-25 children, and we would be giving a 15 minute, fun,
activity-filled presentation. Transportation is provided. If anyone would
like to volunteer please let me know which day(s)!
vip.environmentalproject at gmail.com

October 24th- MDA LOCK UP

The Muscular Dystrophy Association is hosting its annual event, Illinois
Lock Up, on Wednesday the 24th and is looking for volunteers for
registration, check out, and other tasks. Please get back to me if you'd
like to help this worthy cause!

Saturday October 27th from 12-3- Nightmare on Grove St

Volunteers are needed to help with games, hay rides, set up, and clean up at
this Douglass Park event.

Saturday October 27th- Youth Education in the Arts (YEA)

This fall, literally thousands of talented high school musicians will
participate in music festivals and championship competitions across the
United States as proud members of the US Scholastic Band Association and on
October 27th, they're coming to Champaign! In order to create a great event,
YEA! and the USSBA are looking for energetic and positive volunteers to
serve as part of the Fall Event Staff Team (FEST)

Responsibilities include assisting with merchandise, ticket and program
sales, as well as air and candy-grams. We are looking for dedicated
volunteers with great attitudes who enjoy working with people in a fast
paced, yet fun environment. Email me back if you're interested

October 29 from 6pm - 9pm-  Halloween Fun Fest.
 We need volunteers to help with set up, running games and clean. Will be a
great time!

Thanks so much,

Katie
 <vip.environmentalproject at gmail.com>
--
Katie Flamand
Great Lakes Outreach Coordinator

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"- Mahatma Gandhi