VIP Special Projects Walk MS this Sunday!!!

VIP Special Projects vip.special.projects at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 11:49:09 CDT 2009

*Hey Volunteers!!!!

The Walk MS is fast approaching. If you still like to participate, please
email me ASAP since registration is now closed on the website, I will have
to get you registered myself. Also, those who have registered please let me
know what times and volunteer activity they have registered you for.
Thanks!!!!

Walk MS- May 3rd, 2009 - Meadowbrook Park *- *Urbana, IL*

The Walk MS, coordinated by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, is an
opportunity to join the thousands of people walking and volunteering in your
community on Sunday, May 3 at the Meadowbrook Park located on S Race St & W
Windsor Rd in Urbana, IL. The proceeds from the event will benefit the more
than 20,000 people living with MS in Illinois. The Walk will be from *9am-
12pm*:
*
Duties*
*Greeters* - Welcome and direct walkers to the appropriate areas; ensure
that registration lines are moving quickly and walkers have all registration
materials completed; answer questions

*Registration* - Check in walkers; collect pledge envelopes, answer
questions

*Breakfast *(if applicable) - Set up supplies; prepare and serve
refreshments; keep area clean

*Volunteer Tent *- Check in registered volunteers; distribute T-shirts to
volunteers and hold onto lost and found items

*Traffic Control *- Hang directional signs; direct cars to parking spaces;
direct walkers and volunteers to site; answer questions

*Route Support *– Pick up walkers along the route and bring them to the
finish line (must have an Illinois drivers license and a minivan and/or
large sedan)

*Rest Stop* - Set up rest stop supplies; prepare and re-stock snacks and
refreshments for walkers; keep rest stop clean at all times; answer
questions

*Communications *- Have your own radio equipment and group of volunteers to
be stationed at different points along the route, monitor and report
progress to designated site leadership

*Please contact me ASAP, we will be providing transportation. *

--
Sheena Johnson
University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign
vip.special.projects at gmail.com