VIP Special Projects: Events update!

VIP Special Projects vip.special.projects at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 16:44:42 CDT 2011

Hey there volunteers!

Has all this end-of-the-semester studying got you stressed out? why not take
a study break and volunteer with us!! We have two events coming up; both are
described below. a few notes:

--I can still provide rides to the *Flower Planting day* on 4/29, but only
to the next 5 volunteers! please let me know asap if you would like to help!
--Please *donate* to Can's Across the Quad! We will be collecting cans in
the VIP office (room 285 in the union, by the RSO office) from now until
4/27. Please stop by with donations, anytime!
--I also have included info about a separate event, hosted by all of VIP.
Please email me with interest!

Thanks everyone!
~Kate

Cans Across the Quad
When: Wednesday 4/27, all day
Where: Main Quad
Background: This event is U of I’s biggest canned food drive! campus groups
compete to see who can donate the most number of Cans, all of which will be
donated to Eastern Illinois Foodbank.
To Volunteer: Specifically on the day of the event, volunteers will be
needed to help bring the cans down from the office onto the quad. this would
be a short event, less than an hour. If interested let me know when you are
free between 11-1 on that day!
Transportation: none provided

Flower Planting Day **only 5 spots left!!**
When: Friday 4/29, 3pm-5pm
Where: Champaign-Urbana Regional Rehab Center
This event is being organized along with the VIP Environmental project
Background: We will be helping to plant flower beds outside the
Champaign-Urbana Regional Rehab Center--a nursing home/rehabilitation
center.
To Volunteer: All supplies will be provided. Come relax and enjoy making the
center a more beautiful place at this fun event!
Transportation: provided

*VIP general event:*
*
Special Olympics Spring Games Event!!!
Come help out the Special Olympics with their annual Track and Field event
that will be held at Centennial High School!  It will be a great time to
come and volunteer while enjoying the nice weather before studying for
finals!  The event is May 1st from 8am to 12pm!  All volunteers get a FREE
T-SHIRT and a MEAL TICKET!!!  It'll be a great time, so be sure to sign up
using this Google Doc link!
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dE4ybkozaFdrMDlXVWljdjI2dUJoWWc6MQ

*
--
Kate Stephens  II  Special Projects Director 2011
Volunteer Illini Projects  II  University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign
vip.special.projects at gmail.com
*
If you like to be removed from this list serve, email me back at anytime.
Please Include any potential email addresses that you could be listed as in
the body of the email.*