VIP Special Projects: AWESOME upcoming events

VIP Special Projects vip.special.projects at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 00:01:13 CDT 2011

hey all,

I know you've been itching to volunteer, and we just haven't been providing
you with enough opportunities. Well, wait no longer! We have one VIP SP
event coming up, and sever other events host by VIP sections--all of which
are looking for a big group of awesome volunteers to make the events a
success. Please take a look, and come help out!

also attached it the application for BOD 2012; see info below.

Email me with questions or interest!
-Kate

Applications for VIP Board of Directors 2012!
Due Tuesday, October 18th, at 11:59pm
Submit to Vanietta Goine’s office, Illini Union room 285G (in the RSO
complex)

Terms for VIP Board of Directors are January to December (calendar year, not
school year), and that means we are looking for the next set of fearless
leaders!

Serving on the board of directors mean you lead one of the 16 VIP
projects--you are in charge or coordinating every event. If you love
volunteer/service, and would like to be more involved in planning such
events, this an AWESOME opportunity to gain a leadership role in an AWESOME
organization.

Also, I would like to stress that prior involvement in VIP is NOT required
for applying to BOD. We encourage anyone with a passion for service and
leadership skills to apply--regardless of how long or how extensively they
have been involved in VIP. When I applied, I had only volunteered with 2-3
times with VIP, and not actually with Special projects--and I have loved
being able to serve as Director of Special Projects for 2011.

If you have any questions about what being a director is all about, please
email me.
Please take a look at the application attached.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
*now, the VIP SP event!!*

Meals of Hope Volunteering!
Where: First United Methodist church in Champaign.
When: Friday Oct. 21, 6pm - 8pm AND
Saturday Oct. 22, 8:30am - 12pm
Transportation: TBA
Meals of Hope is a community-involved food packaging event in which
volunteers package meals for local families and individuals facing hunger.
The packed meals are distributed to soup kitchens, food pantries, shelters,
snack programs, and other agencies and programs served by the Eastern
Illinois Foodbank (EIF).
We have been helping to fund raise for this event, and now were are going to
help make it happen!

On Friday, volunteers will be helping unload food, equipment, and supplies
being delivered, as well as helping to set up tables for the flowing
morning.

On Saturday, Volunteers will be helping others package complete meals.

You MUST volunteer for both days; Fri night will include a training for
Saturday morning. I know this is a big time commitment, but I it’s a great
opportunity to make a big difference...and have fun!

Please email kate at vip.special.projects at gmail.com if interested!

Other VIP events--Check out these events hosted by other VIP projects!

Food for Families Drive at OSU Game -- October 15th at 11:45 am
We will be helping the Eastern Illinois Foodbank by competing with OSU fans
to collect the most canned food and cash at the game. You will need to
attend a mandatory orientation date on either Tuesday, October 11th at
5:15pm or Wednesday, October 12th at 1pm in the basement of the University
YMCA. There, you will also be getting your FREE T-Shirt! We need as many
volunteers as possible, so please sign up on this Google Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlzRBYJHUMCtdGVJUXpPMGZGejVxa2VtSi14Z2pIZGc&hl=en_US#gid=0
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlzRBYJHUMCtdGVJUXpPMGZGejVxa2VtSi14Z2pIZGc&hl=en_US#gid=0>
For any additional information, please contact Katie at
vip.hunger.homeless at gmail.com

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Red Ribbon Week
Red Ribbon Week is a nation wide program for young children to learn about
the hazards of alcohol and drugs. We will be giving a presentation on the
effects of drugs and alcohol and the benefits of living drug free to 1st,
4th, and 5th grade classes at Carrie Busey and Bottenfield Elementary
Schools. Also, volunteers will lead a school-wide assembly at Kenwood
Elementary. If you would like to help in the planning process or have any
ideas for the Red Ribbon Week presentation or interactive activities, please
email vip.health.need at gmail.com! Join VIP Health Needs teach kids about drug
and alcohol awareness in a fun and interactive way!
October 24th -28th (during the regular school day)

--
Kate Stephens  II  Special Projects Director 2011
Volunteer Illini Projects  II  University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign
vip.special.projects at gmail.com
*
If you like to be removed from this list serve, email me back at anytime.
Please Include any potential email addresses that you could be listed as in
the body of the email.*