VIP Special Projects: April Volunteering events :)

VIP Special Projects vip.special.projects at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 01:21:54 UTC 2012

Hello volunteers!

Happy April! I hope no one got pranked too hard for April Fool's Day :) We
have two awesome events this week, the Food Drive and the Late Nite Easter
Egg Hunt

 Food Drive for Wesley Food Pantry
Where: ISR basement (by late night)
When: Tomorrow evening. My lovely coordinators Paula and Tracy will be
running this event, but since April is a hectic month for everyone they
will be collecting food later at night, around 9:30 PM. If you can't make
that time please text Paula (847-409-5938) and she can arrange a time with
you to pick up your donated food items.
What: We are collecting non-perishable/sealed food items to donate to
Wesley, so if you have any/have extra credits to spend at late night,
please help out a worthy cause!

Late Nite Easter Egg Hunt
Where: Champaign Park District (West Side Park)
When: THIS Friday, 4/6 from 5:30-8:30 PM
What: Volunteers will help set up and run the adult night time egg hunt.
It's sure to be a fun time as we see who gets the most!
NOTE: I stated in an earlier email that I would be able to provide
transportation to this event. Unfortunately, I've been feeling quite under
the weather due to my allergies and a nasty cold so I will not be able to
drive this Friday (and I doubt anyone would want to be in an enclosed place
with a sick person). I am terribly sorry about this, but the park district
coordinator is still seeking volunteers so please do go! His contact
info: Tony Estill at tony.oe at cparkdistrict.com or 217-819-3995 if you are
available.

OTHER VIP EVENTS:
As always Hunger and Homelessness is volunteering at:

*TIMES Center*: We will be volunteering with the TIMES Center, a soup
kitchen that serves meals for men in poverty, on *April 8th*from *5:20-6:30
PM*. Spots are limited so sign up fast! We are only able to volunteer with
them a couple times a semester so this is a great opportunity to get
involved.

*Eastern Illinois Foodbank*:  We will be volunteering with EIF on *Thursday,
April 19th* from *5:15-7:30 PM*. Let me know if you are interested!

*Daily Bread Soup Kitchen*: This soup kitchen is looking for volunteers on
Monday-Fridays between the times of 9 AM-1:30 PM. Volunteers do not need to
be there the entire time and they are flexible in working around your class
schedules. Please let me know if this sounds like something that interests
you!

Please email Sarah at vip.hunger.homelessness at gmail.com if you're interested

VIP Blood:
There will be a VIP Blood member meeting Thursday 4/5. Time and location
TBA. Pizza will be provided! This is a great way to meet other members and
be more active in the club. Not to mention, the club is a great resume
builder as well ;). We need as many active members as possible to have the
best result at our blood drives. We need YOU!

Our next blood drive is Tuesday 4/17-Thursday 4/19. It will be from 11-4pm
in the Union. We will need volunteers and help recruiting donors! Remember,
donating blood a single time saves 3 lives!

We will be having a flyering event to advertise the blood drive on Friday
4/13. Our volunteers will pick up the flyers from the Union at a designated
time and put them up around campus. An email regarding this in detail will
be sent to you in the next couple days.

--
Jessica Gao  II  Special Projects Director 2012
Volunteer Illini Projects  II  University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign
vip.special.projects at gmail.com
*
If you like to be removed from this list serve, email me back at anytime.
Please Include any potential email addresses that you could be listed as in
the body of the email.*