VIP Special Projects: Welcome back (from Spring Break!)

VIP Special Projects vip.special.projects at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 00:47:10 UTC 2012

Hey Volunteers!

I hope you all had a wonderful and restive Spring Break [?]
I know it's a little early to talk about volunteer opportunities this early
after our lovely break but I just wanted to remind all of you that we still
have a little more than a month left to do some quality fun volunteering!
Coming up the first week of April is our food drive, followed hopefully by
a fun night time Easter Egg hunt. I'll include further details in my later
emails so be on the lookout.

*UPCOMING SPECIAL PROJECTS EVENTS:*

What: Collecting food for the Eastern Illinois Food Bank (can be anything
non-perishable)
When: April 3 - April 4, 7:30-9:30 pm (it will be a 2 day event)
Where: Basement of ISR, right in front of Chomps/Late Night
This will be organized and run by my two awesome coordinators so please
come and and help if you can! If any questions should arise please email me
back and I can get you into contact with Paula and Tracy.

*UPCOMING VIP EVENTS:*

VIP Social Empowerment Director Maura is currently doing a Rummage Drive
(the proceeds with which she graciously offered to share with me to donate
to the I.D.E.A Store in Champaign) this week. Basically what we need are
old everyday ideas such as newpapers, magazines, yarn, etc that can be
donated to the I.D.E.A and Hospice Passage. The Hospice Passage will then
create "rummage" bags for dementia patients as a way of controlling a form
of "rummaging" behavior that is common among dementia patients (it is
characterized by a drive to continuously find things). As for the I.D.E.A
store, the store will reuse and recreate awesome recyclable jewelry,
furniture, and other awesome products to be resold into the C-U community.
All proceeds go towards schooling in the C-U area so please help!
When: All this week
Where: In front of the VIP office, RSO office #268. Just drop off your
items in the large bin labeled HOSPICE.

There are also some superb upcoming events from VIP Sports and Recreation
so again, be on the lookout for those emails :)

Have a great rest of the week!
Jessica

--
Jessica Gao  II  Special Projects Director 2012
Volunteer Illini Projects  II  University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign
vip.special.projects at gmail.com
*
If you like to be removed from this list serve, email me back at anytime.
Please Include any potential email addresses that you could be listed as in
the body of the email.*