VIP Special Projects: April Volunteer Opportunities

VIP Special Projects vip.special.projects at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 02:26:20 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I hope you enjoyed your Spring Break as well as the snow day today! I just
wanted to give you an update about some of our volunteer opportunities
coming up in April.  There are sign-up links for all of the events, and
more specific details will be sent to you once you sign up.  Feel free to
email me if you have any questions!

Saturday, April 6: Ready, Set, Grow Children's Expo

*What:* Volunteer at the Expo and help greet participants, hand out goodie
bags, help with crowd control and clean-up
*Where*: Lincoln Square Mall
*When*: Saturday, April 6 (7:15-10:15am OR 10am-1:30pm)
*Why*: Help promote healthy childhood growth & development

Click here to sign
up!<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XTbOBT9huNRNg-pzNNPi12tVgPg7fYVhKWU2-a9SGSg/viewform>

Tuesday, April 9: Tie-Dying

*Where*: Illini Union Room 215

*When*: Tuesday, April 9 at 7p.m.

*Why*: To have a good time and meet other Special Projects volunteers!

Click here to sign
up!<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vX47IK7lVWm_KlOhRilm7x5pCjHDBklIzkEQLVcW9GA/viewform>
-
SIGN-UP CLOSES APRIL 5

Weekly I.D.E.A. Store Volunteering:

The I.D.E.A. Store is a retail store and warehouse in Champaign open to
everyone, particularly serving art and general education teachers,
community church groups, families, and individuals who choose to use
non-traditional materials for various activities.  They take safe and clean
industrial, business, and household by-products and discards and turn them
into products to sell at their store.  They are looking for 1-2 volunteers
that can dedicate a two-hour shift one day every week to help out at their
store with sorting, cleaning, and cashiering.  They are really in need of
help, so please sign-up if you can! Email me if you have any questions
about helping out.

Sign up to volunteer at the
store<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12oylfxmbCjwGXHG83hEWQepw8Inod9yZ8OPIZrB3wH4/viewform>

--
Kristen Micheli | Special Projects Director 2013
Volunteer Illini Projects | University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign
vip.special.projects at gmail.com
*
If you like to be removed from this list serve, email me back at anytime.
Please Include any potential email addresses that you could be listed as in
the body of the email.*
*
*
[image: facebook buttons] <http://www.facebook.com/VolunteerIlliniProjects>
*Be sure to "Like" us on Facebook! | ** [image: twitter
buttons]<http://twitter.com/VIPillinois>
  <http://twitter.com/VIPillinois>Follow us on Twitter!*