217Mafia-Hitlist: Sad News

217mafia-hitlist at chambana.net 217mafia-hitlist at chambana.net
Tue Feb 5 14:10:14 CST 2008

We are taking a break from promoting other electronic events in Champaign
this week to bring you some sad news. This past weekend, a legend in the
Champaign house community passed away. Nick Lewis, known to many as DJ
Impact died. The grief that many of us have been dealing with since the news
spread has been immeasurable. Nickie was a great DJ, an inspiration to many,
but above all of the music, he was a dear to friend to many many many
people. There's no way of expressing how much he will be missed.

There are several events happening over the next few days to honor Nickie,
and celebrate the positive ways in which he touched so many of our lives.
Next week the hitlist will return as normal, but this week we are
spotlighting three events. We hope that all of you will take part of them in
some way. If you cannot, please take the time to say a prayer or think of a
memory of this great life that we lost.

- Nick Lewis's funeral will take place on Thursday, February 7. The location
and time are below:

New Life Church of Faith
1419 N Bowman Ave
Danville IL 61832
Visitation 11:00am
Service 12:00pm

- On Saturday, February 9th, the 217mafia will pay tribute to DJ Impact on
Radioactivity on WPGU 107.1 FM from 9 pm to 1 am. The show will feature live
interviews with local community members, recorded messages from around the
country, Impact's own mixes, classic Impact tunes and a live tribute mix
from local DJs. The show will be broadcast online at www.the217.com and will
also be archived at www.217mafia.com

- Throughout the week, we will be uploading some of Impact's mixes to
www.217mafia.com for you to download and experience what just made Impact's
music so magical to so many people.

- On Sunday, there will be a memorial/benefit show at Digital City in
Danville. The event will take place from 7 pm to 11 pm. Tentatively
scheduled to play are Paul Anthony, DJ Zeek, MetroGnome, DJ Vamp, Rod X, Dom
and Amp. A $3 donation will be asked for at the door and all proceeds will
go to the Lewis family. Digital City will be located at 128 N Walnut St, in
Danville, IL.

Someone said something very appropriate to me about the loss of Nickie, "He
didn't leave anyone... now he's just with everyone all the time." I hope
that all of us will keep Nickie in our hearts this week and forever.