[Sandra Ahten Art] Art & More This Week

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 25 20:09:16 CST 2006

*****ART CLASS
Have you always wanted to learn to draw? To paint? To be encouraged in
uncovering and discovering your creative side? Join Sandra Ahten as she
works one on one with adult and teen students each week. “Art With
Intention” is a 10 week – open studio time to come and be taught and/ or
explore your own voice. You can purchase 5 – 9 (2 hour) sessions to be used
anytime in the ten weeks.

Where? Cherry Alley Artist Studios at the Independent Media Center in the
lower level of the downtown Urbana Post Office.
Cost? $120 for 5 sessions; $162 for 9 sessions.
When? Start date as soon as January 26. Sessions run through March 30.

*****SLAM-JAM / ROMP-STOMP
A Cultural Showcase to benefit the IMC / Books 2 Prisoners
Saturday, January 28th from 7pm - 9pm
Independent Media Center / 202 S. Broadway, downtown Urbana in the old Post
Office

Featuring: Tyehimba Jess, awarding winning performance poet; Matt Murrey
poet & activist; The Theory of Everything,  metaphysical, political,
spacefolk rock with funk and finesse; DJ liMbs & UC Hip Hip;  The Radical
Cheerleaders, Uni High Writers & more...

Suggested donation $5-$20, All proceeds to be divided between the
Independent Media Center & Books2Prisoners.  We'll also be collecting
paperback dictionaries for Books2Prisoners.

*****STUDIO SPACE FOR ARTISTS
Join 6 other artist who share working space through the Cherry Alley Artist
Collective. We are meeting Sunday, Jan. 29 at 11am. Price range is $45 -
$120 /monthly and includes use of woodshop, discount on classes/ figure
drawing sessions and teaching space.

*****FIGURE DRAWING
This is not a class, but a chance for you to bring your material and draw,
paint, or otherwise render from a live nude model. Cost is $8 per session.
Hours are 1-3pm every Sunday at the Cherry Alley Artist collective. All
levels welcome.

*****THE REASONABLE DIET
As some of you know, I facilitate groups for people who need support in
making healthier eating and lifestyle choices. You can find more info at my
website www.reasonablediet.com.

Peace to you all,
Sandraf Ahten

to be removed from this list simply