[Bikecoop-announce] bike coop treasurer position is vacant; volunteer needed

kaduk at uiuc.edu kaduk at uiuc.edu
Sat Aug 18 13:15:14 CDT 2007

Hi Everyone,

Our former treasurer (me) has moved on from Urbana to pursue a Ph.D. at MIT, and we need to find a replacement for this position.

The major responsibility of the treasurer is to periodically empty the lockbox in our workspace, and transfer the deposits into the IMC's deposit box; the IMC bookkeeper will then take the deposit to the IMC's bank and credit the bikecoop's account with the corresponding amount.

We also keep financial records of our own, that is, how much was deposited, when, and by whom (when such data is available).

When membership forms are deposited in our lockbox, the treasurer should make them available to the membership coordinator, ensuring that the date of receipt is marked on the form.

All in all, the time commitment has been less than an hour per week for me.

If you are interested in filling this position, please contact me at kaduk at uiuc.edu.

Note, that if this position remains vacant, a very large portion of the bike coop cashflow will be inaccessible, and we will probably fail to be able to pay rent.

Thanks,

Ben Kaduk