[Bikecoop-announce] Bike Project news: now also open Mondays, 6 - 8 pm! (+ 2 more news items)

Barry Isralewitz barryi at ks.uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 18 16:23:51 CDT 2007

Hello all,

	Three Bike Project news items:
  1. Added day: now open Mondays, 6 -- 8 pm
  2. Brand-new poster  - please print and hang!
  3. Organizational Meeting: 1 pm, July 22, 2007.
Details on all three below..

1.  Added day: now open Mondays, 6 -- 8 pm
	The Bike Project co-op shop is now open four days per week!
Imagine...
      Your buddy:
           Aw, my wheel is crooked. Hey, is that "Bike Project" thing
open today?
      You (assuming you have somehow _completely forgotten_  the
schedule):
           Probably.

   That's right, you said "probably". We now have hours the
_majority_ of the days of the week!  Choose a random day and odds
are, we are open that day. Amazing!

	The added hours are: Mondays, 6 pm -- 8 pm.  Monday services will at
first be limited to mostly tool use and bike drop offs -- no sales,
and Monday repair help will often be limited to our library of repair
manuals.
	A great, relaxed day for you (or your friends) to come visit, and
get to know what the Bike Project has to offer!  (Thanks to new
member Le Shaundra for taking on the first 8 shifts.)

      Updated Co-op Shop Staffed Hours
(note that co-op members have 24-hr key access)
Sundays ......... 2:00 – 4:00 pm (class/open workshop,)
Mondays ......... 6:00 – 8:00 pm (tool use only: no bike sales, help
may be limited to repair books)
Wednesdays ...... 3:00 – 5:00 pm (open workshop)
Thursdays ....... 6:00 – 9:00 pm (open workshop)
(see website after Aug. 15, 2007)

====

  2.  Brand-new Bike Project poster
Print, photocopy a few dozen,and hang everywhere!

http://thebikeproject.org/files/BP-Poster-2007-Jul-c.pdf

    Printing directions:   use "Page Scaling: fit to printable area"
in Adobe  Reader's Print dialog. After printing, make vertical cuts
to separate tear-offs if you like.  Email isralewi at uiuc.edu if you
have any errors/suggestions on the poster.
   Bonus poster tip: Snip the tear-offs off of one, keep these in
your wallet or purse, and hand 'em out at the next hip party you
attend.  Hipsters love a bicycle activist!
   Obvious best new poster feature which you could not possibly have
guessed: staffed hours schedule shows we are open _four days a week_!!

====

3.  Our next Organizational Meeting: 1 pm, July 22, 2007.
   We plan to:
      -make some decisions about building the storage and workspaces
in the shop.
      -recruit _volunteers_ for small jobs and big jobs needed for
running the co-op for the next five months.
      -plan a field trip to Chicago to visit the giant "Working
BIkes" co-op

   Definitely attend if you are interested in Chicago, staffing
hours, construction projects, parts/tool ordering, or helping with
(vital!) membership activities.  See agenda details below and/or
discussion list (join Bike Project discussion list at http://
lists.chambana.net/cgi-bin/listinfo/bikecoop ).
	Location: Bike Project co-op shop, 202 S. Broadway, Rm. 24 (UC-IMC
Building, rear entrance stairvase)
	Time: 1:00 pm, July 22, 2007
	Agenda: view (or login+edit) at:
    http://thebikeproject.wikispaces.com/orgmeet-2007-July-22-agenda