[Bikecoop-announce] Structural Meeting

maxwell schnuer mschnuer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 16:56:19 CDT 2007

Hey co-op folks,

I'm assuming that not everyone in the co-op reads the weekly meeting agenda
religiously, so I wanted to make a special announcement about the big
structural meeting next Wednesday, in the basement of the IMC from
5:30-8:00.
To clarify, this came out of a discussion about how the need to address
immediate issues at the bi-weekly organizational meetings has kept up from
formally establishing decision-making and communication structures within
the co-op. We decided that this was an important enough issue to devote an
entire meeting to, and decided on Wednesday, Oct. 10 as the date.
All members are welcome and encouraged to come and share their opinions and
ideas. Food and beverages will be provided.

Thanks, Max

P.S.
It was also agreed at the meeting that the structure of the cooperative
would be the only item on the agenda. However, I think it might be helpful
to subdivide that subject into relevant discussion points, i.e. "mission
statement", "decision-making", "subcommittees", etc. If this is a terrible
idea, tell me, and if not, tell me as well and I can create an agenda page
on the wiki. <---- PLEASE POST ALL REPLIES TO THE DISCUSSION MAILING LIST
AND NOT THE ANNOUNCEMENT MAILING LIST.