[Bikecoop-announce] Reminder about Bike Pickup on Friday - Volunteers Needed.

Anthony Cherolis acherolis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 12:59:58 CDT 2008

Hey everybody,

There is a pickup of donated University bikes and a bike co-op scrap run
tomorrow (Friday, Oct 3rd).  We need your help!  Details about the event are
listed below:

*Donation Pickup and Scrap Runs:* Friday, Oct 3rd, 11AM-3PM.
*Where:*  Meet at industrial building at the dead end of S. Wright Street
(the Wright Street you're familiar with - the one in the South Farms off of
St. Mary's Road).  If you don't see us there, wait around a bit since we're
probably in the middle of a drop off run.  If you get lost call Tony -
860-204-2704.
*What:*  Warm bodies for lifting bikes into trucks and trailers.  Moving
said bikes into the co-op.  Also putting scrap metal and bikes into trailers
and heading to the scrap yard.  No experience necessary.
*Should you bring anything?:* Nothing necessary, but work gloves would be a
good idea.  Don't wear nice clothes.  We have a couple of pickup trucks and
trailers lined up - so unless you've already volunteered your vehicle you
don't need to bring one.  Make sure that your bike isn't in the mess of
bikes being moved to the co-op or the scrap yard - so that means you'll need
a bike lock.

*Donation Tagging Operation and Pizza Party:* Friday, Oct 3rd, 5PM-7PM.
*Where*: The Bike Project (202 S. Broadway, basement of the IMC building)
*What:*  Folks that couldn't join during the day will come out and help with
tagging and organizing the donated bikes.  Those that did help with the
pickup can stick around and eat some pizza.  Pizza and soda will be
provided.
*Note*: Please RSVP (acherolis at gmail.com) if you are coming for dinner - so
we can have a reasonable headcount when we order.

*Additional Organizing of the Co-op:* Saturday, Oct 4th, 10AM-2PM
*Where*: The Bike Project (202 S. Broadway, basement of the IMC building)
*What:*  Can't make it Friday?  You can stop by on Saturday to help get
things organized and start working on some of the easy fixes prior to
Saturday hours.

Tony Cherolis
The Bike Project
Sunday Hours Volunteer and Some Other Stuff
860-204-2704