[Bikecoop-announce] Fwd: [Bikecoop] Call for Volunteers: IMC Film Fest

Anthony Cherolis acherolis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 17:10:51 CST 2009

*Hey Bike Project folks* - The UC Independent Media Center is having a big
film festival this weekend.  The UC IMC is our fiscally sponsoring
organization, so supporting the IMC is in effect supporting The Bike
Project.  Just wanted to pass this information along for those that would
interested in attending.  Looks like there may also be a need for some
volunteers. - Tony

For the upcoming IMC Film Festival, the Production Group is inviting
volunteers from all IMC working groups - this is a great chance to greet
people as they arrive and talk to them about the IMC & what it is that we
all do here.  Plus, you will be able to watch some great films & see
performances by talented local musicians and artists!

We will need volunteers for a few specific tasks:
-welcome guests and talk about the IMC
-help with concessions
-to speak briefly between films about their work with the IMC  / announce
short break and then the next film
-run sound and lights
-help with set up and tear down
- general building staff (make sure that we have enough chairs, ppl can find
the bathrooms, etc.)
- "Runners" - i.e. people who can pick up pizzas from One World (our
sponsor) or who can run general errands to get things that we may need
during the festival

Please let me know if you are interested in doing any of these things and
when you are available.   I will send an email to the each group.  Here is
the schedule:

Friday, Feb 6 2009

6:00 PM    Opening Reception (followed by IMC introduction); Performance by
DJ Belly
7:00 PM    Untitled for Trains
7:15 PM    The Midwesterner
7:38 PM    Sit Down for Your Rights: The Morton West Story
7:43 PM    Break
7:48 PM    The Perfect Mark
8:03 PM    Interrogation
8:09 PM    Chicago Independent Television Episode 44
8:32 PM    IMC Statements/Information
8:35 PM    Citizen's Watch (plus Discussion)
9:30 PM    Intermission
9:45 PM    Sugar
9:54 PM    Apistat Commander
10:00 PM    The Transient
10:25 AM    Break
10:30 PM    Specimen
10:36 PM    Samsara 2
10:55 PM    Crashing the V.I.P. Room: Vrije Keyser TV
11:20 PM    The Man Who Died But Whose Hair Never Did
12:00 AM    TV Dance Party
3:00 AM    Doors close

Saturday, Feb 7 2009

12:00 PM - 2pm    Family Friendly Afternoon Films
2:00 PM -5pm   Break

5:00 PM    Reception; Performance by Elizabeth Simpson and George Turner
7:00 PM    Prelude
7:38 PM    Firedancing
7:43 PM    Proceed and Be Bold!
9:20 PM    Independent/Self-Employed Artist Lecture/Discussion (plus
Intermission/Refreshments)
10:20 PM    This American Gothic
11:25 PM    Break
11:30 PM    Eyes
11:35 PM    Submarine Dream, Submarine Song #3
11:44 PM    Lewis
11:54 PM    Continuing the Legacy
12:15 PM    Discussion/Doors close ~1:00am

Sunday, Feb 8 2009

4:00 PM    Opening, Art Exhibit; Zoo Improv Live Performance
5:00 PM    And the Beat Goes On
5:45 PM    DTEC (Diversity Technology for Community Engagement) Project
Movie - plus Discussion
6:45 PM    Break
6:50 PM    Making Art in Prison
7:50 PM    Intermission
8:05 PM    Blood in Their Eyes
8:11 PM    Free Trade Area of the Americas Summit Protest: Field Testing the
Miami Model
8:35 PM    In Whose Honor?
9:35 PM    Closing Remarks/Discussion
10:00 PM    Festival End