[Bikecoop-announce] The Bike Project Summer Update.

Anthony Cherolis acherolis at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 21:27:03 CDT 2009

*Hello fellow bike fans and WUNA neighbors*,
Finally feels like summer out there.  Well we've got a super neat outdoor
bike activity that everyone will enjoy.  *Bike-in Movie Night tomorrow at
the IMC*!  More details below.

Before we get to the movie info - I'd like to take this opportunity to
introduce you to the latest addition to The Bike Project, *Miles Lincoln*.

   - Miles is a part time summer employee that is grant funded through the
   Champaign Consortium.
   - We will be very soon announcing significantly expanded hours at the
   co-op, facilitated by Miles being there.
   - Having expanded hours will allow the co-op to serve more people in a
   significantly less crowded environment.
   - This is an exciting development for The Bike Project!

*The Bike Project Etiquette Reminder* - One more thing before I disclose
details about *Bike-in Movie Night at the IMC*.  The co-op has been a bit
ransacked looking as of late.  This is just a reminder to all members - *please
put back tools and supplies when you are done using them.*  If you see
someone else leaving a mess, it would be a good idea to remind them that
putting away and cleaning up after oneself is an important part of
maintaining a shared space.  A good rule of thumb is "Put away one more
thing than you've taken out."  Thanks!

Now on to *Bike-in Movie Night at the IMC.*

   - Bike or walk on over to the IMC this Friday night (June 19th).
   The movies start at 10PM in the parking lot behind the building.  Assuming
   that there is an indoor backup plan for foul weather.
   - Popcorn and refreshments will be available - or bring your own.
   - The IMC is locatated at 202 S. Broadway in downtown Urbana.  The IMC
   Building is the large post office building right next to Lincoln Square
   Mall.  Just cross corner from the 2 story parking garage - which happens to
   have covered bicycle parking.
   - *The Flyer: http://www.smilepolitely.com/splog/bike-in_movie_night/*
   - We'll see you there!

Tony Cherolis