[Bikecoop-announce] The Bike Project - Bike Pickup This Friday & General Meeting on Sunday

Anthony Cherolis acherolis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 08:37:33 CDT 2009

*Is it warm outside, or am I just dreaming about Spring?*

Lots of bike stuff coming up!  Get involved and have some fun with The Bike
Project!

1)  *Bike Pickup This Friday (27th)* @ UIUC - 11AM - 3PM at dead end of
South Wright Street

   - We need volunteers to help move bikes from the University garage to The
   Bike Project.  Expecting to pick up about 30 bikes.  If we have enough
   volunteers we may also do a scrap run to the metal recycling center.
   - *If you are coming, please RSVP.* * If you can bring a pickup truck,
   also let us know.*  If we get enough trucks, we won't need to rent a
   truck.
   - Those that can help over lunch are welcome to come out, and folks that
   can't make the Friday pickup can help organize, tag, and part out bikes on
   Friday night and Saturday morning.
   - *Note:*  S. Wright Street is reached off of St. Mary's Road south of
   campus.

2) *The Bike Project General Meeting* - Sunday the 29th at The Co-op, 5PM

   - Check out the meeting agenda on the wiki -
   http://thebikeproject.wikispaces.com/orgmeet-2009-Mar-29-agenda
   - Pizza and drinks will be provided.
   - The General Meeting is a great way to learn more about the co-op.

3) *Volunteer Cyclists Needed for the Illini Marathon* (April 11th) -
http://www.illinoismarathon.com/volunteersignup.htm

   - Usually a good time and a free t-shirt.  A way to support a great
   community event.

*New Monday Hours* - For those that missed the last announcement, a couple
of industrious volunteers have opened up staffed hours on Monday evening
from 5:30-7:30PM.  Until we get the word out in print and on the website,
these hours are likely to be less busy than the rest.  Take advantage of
Mondays!

Enjoy the dreamy weather!

Tony