[Bikecoop-announce] Wheel-tastic Happenings in CU

Emma Barnes ebarnes0 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 14:55:12 CDT 2010

*Art Gallery Bicycle Tour this Saturday, June 5th. From 10am - noon*.

Hosted by Champaign Cycle,  this bicycle ride tours galleries and shops
around Champaign-Urbana. Not aware of the art galleries around town?
Interested but don't know where they are? This leisurely ride is a great way
to get aquatinted with them, along with fellow bikers around town. For more
information, check out the details:
http://champaigncycle.com/about/art-gallery-bicycle-tour-june-5-pg235.htm

*Morning Show live, on WCIA **Monday, June 7th at 7:30am*. A few volunteers
representing the Bike Project will be on the Morning Show. Be sure to tune
in!

*Taste of Champaign-Urbana Friday-Sunday, June 11-13th*. Try some delicious
food, listen to free concerts, check out the family fun zone for games and
insturment playing, or take a peak at some arts and crafts. Details and
times specific for each day can be found here:
http://www.champaignparkdistrict.com/events/taste/

*R**umored future happening: tentatively planned Fruit Tree bike ride June
19th* of the fruit trees around Champaign-Urbana. More information will be
announced. In the meantime, take a look at a map of all the fruit trees in
the area to get an idea of the route:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=109653875096993106128.0004566f3d062304bcf61

Slight change in the Bike Project's summer hours (Urbana location).
Members-only DIY hours on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3-6pm are CANCELLED
for the summer. However, Monday DIY hours will continued. All other regular
open hours will stay the same. Stay updated by regularly checking our
website: http://thebikeproject.org/

New feature on our awesome website!  With the help of our Bike Project
camera and our own volunteers/photographers, bike events are being
documented. You can get glimpse of these photos taken of various events in
and around the Bike Project via our website. There's a link to 'Photobucket'
on the left-hand side of the front page: http://thebikeproject.org/

--
Emma Barnes
Volunteer Coordinator, The Bike Project