[Bikecoop-announce] Bike Project: Meeting TONIGHT and other exciting events

Emma Barnes ebarnes0 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 11:21:48 CDT 2010

Bike Project General Meeting
Happening TODAY, March 30th from 6 to 8 pm at the Campus Bike Project
location (608 E. Pennsylvania Ave., Champaign) All are welcome to attend. To
see what's on the agenda this month, check it out on our wiki -
http://thebikeproject.wikispaces.com/orgmeet-2010-Mar-30+.

Women and Trans in Transit night
Tuesday, April 6th from 6 to 9 pm. To better serve a less represented group
at the Bike Project, we created a night specifically for them. All are
welcome to attend, but women and trans are strongly encouraged. Childcare
will be available if needed. "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a
bicycle."

*Members-only hours (Urbana location)*
**Due to popular demand, we're expanding open hours for our members who
can't make it during regular hours. These are DIY hours, since the staffers
may not have complete expertise to assist. These hours are ongoing Mondays
2:00-5:00 pm,  Wednesdays 3:00-6:00 pm, and Thursdays 3:00-6:00 pm.

*Opening of the Campus Bike Project! *
**Our new campus bike repair shop is now officially open as of yesterday!
Open hours are Sunday 5-9 pm, Mondays 8 am-12 pm, Tuesdays 6 pm-9 pm,
Fridays 12 pm-5 pm. Located at 608 E. Pennsylvania Ave in Champaign.

*Commuter Session for Bike-to-Work Day*
April 13th at 7 pm. In preparation for Bike-to-Work day (May 4th), the Bike
Project (Urbana) is holding a informative session about bicycle commuting.
Check it out at
http://www.champaigncountybikes.org/CUBikeToWork/register.html

*Bike-to-Work Day*
Tuesday, May 4th. Don't forget to register in advance -
http://www.champaigncountybikes.org/CUBikeToWork/register.html

As always, stay updated with the most current Bike Project events at our
newly updated website:  http://www.thebikeproject.org/

--
Emma Barnes
AmeriCorps State