[Bikecoop-announce] Bike Project Happenings and Opening of the Campus Bike Project

Emma Barnes ebarnes0 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 14:04:12 CST 2010

Hello everyone,

 Now that the weather is finally warming up, it's a great time to check out
the latest Bike Project events around town and get your bike ready for the
nice weather. Check out what's going on...

   - *Members-only hours (DIY hours)* - due to popular demand, we're
   expanding open hours for our members who can't make it during regular open
   hours. These hours are geared towards Bike Project members who don't require
   considerable staff assistance, since the volunteer staffers will be limited.
   Mondays 2:00-5:00 pm,  Wednesdays 3:00-6:00 pm, Thursdays 3:00-6:00 pm
   starting March 15th. They will not be held during spring break (week of
   March 22nd), but will resume Monday, March 29th.
   - *Opening of the Campus Bike Project! *- our new on-campus bike repair
   shop, collaborated with U of I and The Bike Project, is opening March 12
   and 13th (Friday March 12th from 9 am to 3 pm and Saturday, March 13 from
   10 am to 3 pm) for the Naturally Illinois Expos (
   http://www.inrs.illinois.edu/expo/ <http://www.inrs.illinois.edu/expo/>).
      - Regular CBP open hours begin Monday, March 29th and will be held
      Sunday 5-9 pm, Mondays 8 am-12 pm, Tuesdays 6 pm-9 pm, Fridays 12 pm-5 pm
      - Location: southwest corner of the Natural Resources Garage. The
      space was donated by the Illinois State Geological Survey and
the Illinois
      Natural History Survey, and the conversion of the 10 former
garage bays was
      funded by a $30,000 grant from the Student Sustainability Committee.
   - *Bike Project General Meeting* - March 30th from 6-8 pm. All are
   welcome to attend. To see what's on the agenda this month, check it out on
   our wiki page (http://thebikeproject.wikispaces.com/orgmeet-2010-Mar-30+)
   - note: agenda will be posted in the coming weeks!
   - As always, stay updated with the most current Bike Project events at
   our newly updated website:  http://www.thebikeproject.org/

Hope to see all of you at these awesome upcoming events!

--
Emma Barnes
AmeriCorps State

Web: http://www.thebikeproject.org/