[Bikecoop-announce] September Bike Project Newsletter

Campus Bike Project campusbikeproject at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 11:21:33 CDT 2010

Hey all,

Hope you're enjoying a cool, damp Saturday morning. Here are some events you
may be interested in:

*BIKE PROJECT NEW VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION SESSIONS*
*Tuesday, September 14 from 7-8 p.m. @ the Campus Bike Project (608 E.
Pennsylvania, Champaign)
Wednesday, September 15 from 8-9 p.m. @ the Bike Project shop in the IMC
basement (202 S. Broadway, Urbana)*

Hopefully you've enjoyed being a member and have wondered how you can help
make the Bike Project even better. If you're interested in volunteering,
this is a great opportunity to:

   - learn about the history, mission, and values of the Bike Project
   - find out about the exciting volunteer opportunities that exist at TBP
   - learn the ins and outs of how the shop operates on a daily basis
   - meet some of the other volunteers and find out why they enjoy
   volunteering at TBP
   - eat some free food

If you're interested in attending, please reply with an RSVP (by Monday,
September 13) and let us know which night works best for you so we can be
sure to have enough food.
**

*ADOPT-A-STREET TRASH PICKUP*
*Saturday, September 25 starting at 9 a.m.*
Meet at Race Street parking lot in Meadowbrook Park

*BIKE PROJECT GENERAL MEETING*
*Tuesday, September 28 @ 6 p.m., Campus Bike Project*
Add agenda items here:
http://thebikeproject.wikispaces.com/2010-Sept-28+Agenda

*LIGHT THE NIGHT 2010*
*Thursday, September 30 from 4 to 8 p.m.*

   - Location 1: Alma Mater (SE corner of Green St. and Wright, Urbana, IL)
   - Location 2: Corner of Illinois St. and Lincoln Ave. (near Illinois
   Street Residence Hall) Urbana, IL

Get some free lights installed on your bike. If you're interested in
volunteering at this event, you can sign up here:
 http://thebikeproject.wikispaces.com/light-the-night-2010

*DEPARTURES*
We've had several dedicated Bike Project volunteers move away recently. Such
is life in a college town, we guess, but that doesn't mean they won't all be
sorely missed. Thanks very much to them for their hard work, and we wish
them the best of luck in their new endeavors:

   - *Tony Cherolis:* Tony was a steering committee member and an integral
   part of everything that TBP accomplished in the last several years. He's
   relocating back to Connecticut for his job.
   - *Emma Barnes:* Emma was our AmeriCorps volunteer for the past year, and
   she was very helpful in getting Womens and Trans Night, Learn-A-Bike, and
   Earn-A-Bike off the ground. She's in Oregon starting grad school.
   - *Kelly Innes: *Kelly started the Bike Project's
blog<http://thebikeproject.blogspot.com/>and was a key volunteer in
the first few months of the Campus Bike Project.
   Kelly's in Pittsburgh.