[Bikecoop-announce] Bike Project news: meeting, Facebook, bike polo

Phil Graff pmgraff at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 15:52:27 CDT 2011

Hi all,

Hope you are enjoying late summer and the start of the fall semester.  Here
are some things you may want to know about:

*Monthly Members' Meeting*
The monthly members' meeting will be held this Monday night (Aug 29) at the
Urbana/IMC location at 6:30 p.m.  This is where decisions at The Bike
Project are made, and all members are welcome and can vote.  You can
view/edit the agenda at:
http://thebikeproject.wikispaces.com/2011-Aug-29+Agenda

*Facebook Page*
We've had a Facebook group for a while, but because Facebook changed the way
those work, we've created a more appropriate "page" for The Bike Project.
You can check it out at
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Bike-Project-of-Urbana-Champaign/167294906662692.
We have posted pictures from the Mustache Ride there as well.

*Bike Polo group*
A Google Group has just been created for people who are interested in play
bike polo.  Right now it is just a bunch of people playing pickup games, but
could grow into a league if there is enough interest.  All you really need
is a bike to play, because we generally have enough mallets to share.  Join
up at http://groups.google.com/group/cubikepolo.

-Phil
Volunteer, The Bike Project