[Bikecoop-announce] change in keyed off-hours access to Urbana shop, in tonight's Bike Project meeting (Mon, Jul. 30)

Barry Isralewitz barry.isralewitz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 19:44:31 UTC 2012

Hi Bike Project folks,

	We have much to cover in tonight's monthly Bike Project meeting, including exciting news about our transition to operating as an independent 501(c)3.
One topic tonight will be:
changing off-hours access to the Downtown Urbana shop.
  This is relevant to you if you have taken the Shop Orientation Class to get the interior-door key to the Urbana shop (or have planned to.)
We'll be discussing the need to make a change (membership increase, shop organization needs, items going missing, and some other issues)
	In this plan:
a) a selection of tools, parts and workstands will be added to the Urbana shop anteroom (enough to perform some off-hours repairs)
b) off-hours access to the main space of the Urbana shop will be limited to members who set up a volunteer commitment
c) we intend more staffed hours at the Urbana shop, helped in part by an increase in volunteering we hope we'll see thanks to b).
	This is the gist; there are some details left to specify.  We'll be discussing what's involved involved in the new anteroom shop space for keyed member access. Come by tonight's meeting...

General Organizational Meeting
Monday, July 30, 2012 6:30pm
Location: Urbana/IMC shop (202 S. Broadway Ave, Rm. 24 Urbana, IL)
The Bike Project of Urbana-Champaign
(Free pizza!)
View/edit agenda:
http://thebikeproject.wikispaces.com/2012-July-30+Agenda

	Hope to see you at the meeting!

				Cheers,

				Barry Isralewitz
			 	Volunteer, The Bike Project of Urbana-Champaign

--
Barry Isralewitz
barry.isralewitz at gmail.com